style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3101 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/oct/18/chilcot-pressure-leaked-blair-bush-iraq-memo

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3278572/Will-Chilcot-delayed-push-report-include-memo-hints-former-ambassador.html

Iraq Inquiry chairman Sir John is expected to say next week that his controversial report will finally be published by next summer – although one report yesterday suggested it could slip until 2017.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3278572/Will-Chilcot-delayed-push-report-include-memo-hints-former-ambassador.html#ixzz3p1vK3Kpp

No time soon, by the looks of things !

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I think he recently said all responses to those criticised had been received and it was now a case of completing the report, but could not say when this would be . one of the committee died and another has had ill health.

There is no doubt Blair/Bush wanted regime change, but Blair could not gain support for it in his party or in parliament. So then the WMD argument and UN security council resolutions came into play, making it sound that Saddam was a present danger to the world and could use WMD's.

I was in favour of the Iraq war, but years later i now see the mess of removing dictators without thinking what might follow. The number of deaths that have occured as a result, are much worse than they probably would have been if Saddam had stayed for awhile longer. We might not have ISIL and the other terrorist groups in the region. Saddam might have been removed by his own people, without intervention by western forces.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

10 years to save the Vest

After Truss lost the shirt off the UKs back in 49 days

Wars just seem to cause consequences that could not be anticipated. Jeremy Corbyn might well strike lucky that his anti war views could chime with the British people who are fed up with UK armed forces being used when not in the countries interest, come at a huge cost and may make matters worse.

Canada have just elected a PM who is against Canadian forces being used when Canadian interests are not clear and we might see them withdraw from western coalition missions.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

• 2 weeks later...
The cover up continues no doubt Blairs been greasing palms again.

Well he has got his Spin in and I wonder whether George W Bush will also be allowed to influence any final report ?

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Well he has got his Spin in and I wonder whether George W Bush will also be allowed to influence any final report ?

I suspect there's some heavy editing/redacting going on.

What we've heard from Blair was just waffle blaming everyone

else for the Iraq war.:mad2:

What's the betting when next June/July arrives, there will be another delay.

The report will be sent to the security services to make sure that no state secrets are included. No doubt they will sit on it until they are ready.

I did see a comment that the report contains more words than the entire collected works of Shakespeare! Business as usual then.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

It won't be delayed again, as too many complaints about delays have been made. I suspect that when it comes out, it won't criticise anyone too much. It will seek to spread blame for what happened. It is clear that Bush was driving action and Blair was committed to involving UK forces, while saying he had to convince opponents. Then you get some of the dodgy information, Blair making decisions with supportive colleagues and keeping out opponents such as Robin Cook and Claire Short. I think Cook resigned and Short made statements saying she was unhappy resigning later.

Blair was convinced of interventionist policies before 9/11 and made speeches about it. This followed actions in the Balkans and Sierra Leone. Then 9/11 happens and Bush is onboard with a 'war on terror' with Afghanistan and Iraq actions planned. With Iraq, i guess that they believed there was a problem in Saddam getting hold of or using WMD's against other countries, including US/UK interests.

The danger without an an early intervention policy, is that you end up with Syria, which is a total mess. It is arguable that had US, Russia and others had intervened with actions to get a ceasefire between the various sides, that they would not be in this situation. For an intervention policy to work, there has to be a threat of some military actions e.g stop Assads forces targetting civilian areas.

I think most of Blair's decisions were made with just a select few including Alastair Campbell. I don't think so much power/input should be allowed to an unelected official

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/blog/2010/jan/12/iraq-war-inquiry-alastaircampbell

BCOBS

I think most of Blair's decisions were made with just a select few including Alastair Campbell. I don't think so much power/input should be allowed to an unelected official

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/blog/2010/jan/12/iraq-war-inquiry-alastaircampbell

The select few would have included senior Tories, who were more in favour of action than many Labour MP's.

Alastair Campbell was just doing a job as communications director. But he became too much a political figure, rather than just relay information and manage media relations.

The biggest problem caused by Iraq, is that the UN is now irrelevant. Since then, they have not been involved in any significant actions to try to stop conflicts. You need to have some central political forum, where they can attempt to gain agreements on actions needed.