Natwest closing my account

kadunud
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3124 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I left the UK permanently in January. I had a Natwest account with an arranged overdraft of £1800 (of which I had used £1690) that I was going to pay off a large chunk of in December when I go back and visit.

Today I got a letter forwarded from the UK saying that they 'intend to file a default and close the account'. They said that I had to respond by the 2nd of October to respond or the account would be closed on the 2nd of November and the overdraft would be called on.

I'm going to try and call them but it'll be a couple of days until I can. I just wanted to see if anyone can tell me a) why they have done this, and b) what is likely to happen and what action I ought to take.

Thanks

if you are neverreturning and have no uk assests

there not a lot they can do to you..:wink:

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Doesnt answer the original question, but he's right. If you're not in the UK, they can't touch you

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Yeah, I sort of figured they'd be stuck for options if I don't plan on moving back to the UK. I had planned to pay it however, so I suppose I'll just have to see if they'll be willing to take the payments that I had been going to make.

If you never plan to move back to the UK in the next 6 tears then consider if that money could be used for something else. There's a moral obligation to repay as you owe the cash, but since you're not resident in the UK, they won't chase you. In fact even if you arrange a repayment plan, they'll just sell it to a dca

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

It's your choice at the end of the day but I know what I'd be doing.

IF you do decide to call them, make sure you withhold your telephone number.

DX mentioned 'assets'. Do you have any here in the uk?

When did you last make a deposit kadunud...and are there any active Direct Debits/Standing Orders still attached to the account?

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

When did you last make a deposit kadunud...and are there any active Direct Debits/Standing Orders still attached to the account?

Regards

Andy

Last deposit was a year and a half ago maybe. No standing orders or direct debits.

And no, no assets whatsoever in the UK, though my parents live there but I was under the impression they couldn't be pestered over this.

So it will be down to inactivity on the account...better to ring them and try to arrange a mutual payment plan...I would ask that the default should not be registered subject to the agreed payment plan.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread