coming off work programme but still need housing/council tax benift help

telekon
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3166 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi, I have recently started the dreaded work programme, however I have been offered a P/T job, 20 hours a week, which I found myself.. now I don't want my work programme provider to know anything about this, I want to just sign off and forget all bout the JSA and the work programme, however I will still need housing and council tax benefit, can the work programme provider stop me getting this if I just ignore them and not keep in touch with them? thanks

No, they cannot stop you receiving HB and CTR if you ignore them.

You can make an application for those benefits direct to your local council based on your low income from the part time job. It has nothing to do with the WP provider. Be aware that if you tell JCP where you are working when you close your JSA claim, the WP provider probably will get this information and try to claim credit (and their payment) for "helping you find work". It's up to you to decide whether that bothers you or not, but it won't interfere with your entitlement to HB or CTR.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

thanks antone, that really helps, I wont tell the jSA, will just fill in the signing off bit in my booklet, but not my employment details.. I don't want the work programme getting any credit or payment, they really got me down, I refused at first to give them my mob num, but they put me under so much pressure to give it them, and there are other things.. they really treat you like you have no rights what so ever

Be aware that if you tell JCP where you are working when you close your JSA claim, the WP provider probably will get this information and try to claim credit (and their payment) for "helping you find work".

Simply putting "For personal reasons" in the space provided is sufficient. When handing the form in, include a letter stating that you withdraw consent for personal data to be shared with sub-contractors and third parties including the Work Programme provider. If the JCP ask for additional information, politely decline.

You may find that the WP provider starts harassing you for the employer's details. If they do, instruct them where to go and suggest they consult a map. They can do nothing to prevent you claiming CTR/HB and could find themselves in trouble if they tried.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

thanks Mr P, it puts my mind at rest knowing that, and a smile on my face as I would gladly tell my work provider where to go! I have read a lot of horror stories on here regarding these work programme providers, I don't know who they think they are or what legal powers they think they have.. I am 52 yet was been spoken down to and put under pressure by some guy in his 20's!

hi, can you explain further on this? would universal credit effect any housing/council tax benefits? surely once I sign off JSA the work programme or the job centre have no reason to hound me.. who I work for or what I earn is none of their business