Defective components with self assembly furniture.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3198 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Looking for advice on what to do regarding a purchase that I made for two self assembly wardrobes that I purchased online.

When I assembled the two wardrobes which took ages, the final stages of the assembly were the doors I discovered that the doors were a slightly different colour and three of the four doors showed signs of de-lamination (the gloss finish was defective). I contacted the retailer straight away and I was informed that they would arrange to send out four new doors, this was three weeks ago. I have phoned them twice to find out what is happening and I keep getting fobbed off, told they would call me back and they don't.

It is not simple matter of returning the wardrobes because of all of the assembly and all packaging has now been disposed of. I paid for the goods with a credit card if that makes any difference? I am happy with the wardrobes except the problem with the doors.

Any advice please?

Looking for advice on what to do regarding a purchase that I made for two self assembly wardrobes that I purchased online.

When I assembled the two wardrobes which took ages, the final stages of the assembly were the doors I discovered that the doors were a slightly different colour and three of the four doors showed signs of de-lamination (the gloss finish was defective). I contacted the retailer straight away and I was informed that they would arrange to send out four new doors, this was three weeks ago. I have phoned them twice to find out what is happening and I keep getting fobbed off, told they would call me back and they don't.

It is not simple matter of returning the wardrobes because of all of the assembly and all packaging has now been disposed of. I paid for the goods with a credit card if that makes any difference? I am happy with the wardrobes except the problem with the doors.

Any advice please?

Now you need to follow up with a complaint in writing by standard recorded delivery. You could include photos of the problem doors.

From what i have been told by people in this situation, is that they sometimes wait months. They don't simply take the doors out another pack and send them out. The don't just have spare doors to send out. They contact whoever stocks the items advising of the problem and they wait to see what they want to do. Then wardrobes may be made abroad and they may not be due another shipment for weeks. Therefore the retailer won't know when you are likely to receive replacement doors.

You cannot do the credit card claim back until you have exhausted this with the retailers. You are going to have to allow them longer, but send the complaint letter.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread