Employment problems

soltan
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5095 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I would advise her to get the doctor to write a letter stating there unwillingness to show sympathy is not helping and could lead to her being off for a longer period - it appears to me that they are trying to bully her into coming back with scare tactics!

Nathe

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

UNTIL MY CASES ARE RESOLVED/WON IM GOING TO KEEP MY SIGNATURE BLANK AS IM AWARE THE BANKS TEND TO TRAWL ON SOME OF THESE FORUMS AND AS MY CASE IS A LITTLE COMPLEX IT WOULD BE EASILY SPOTTED

DONT WORRY - THE INFO SHALL RETURN ONCE THE CASE IS RESOLVED/WON

Sharply, *no*.

It is *illegal* for you to attend work if that would constitute a health or safety hazard to yourself or others. It's against the Health and safety at Work Act.

Tim

Quite Tim

Also if they wish to disipline an employee because they think they are swinging the lead they must have them medicaly examined & only then can they be disiplined if they refuse to attend or are found to be fit for work.

However they could be dismissed if they can't return to work or can't be accomodated in another job. If they have been injured at work as I have already mentioned I would strongly advise the employer not to do it.

Someone I worked for made me so ill I had to leave the job for my own sanity - I've got bad dysmenorrhea and made it in to work most months, but some months I genuinely just couldn't manage and had a day off to curl up in pain...my job involved shopfloor service, till work and stock output (lifting and walking and carrying a lot). I lost count of the number of 'meetings' and 'warnings' I had, with my manager at one point outright accusing me of lying about how bad it was. My levels of stress rose so high that I used to be ill before going into work that day, headaches, stomach aches...

It was really bad, and I had to leave in the end because it was wrecking me. I was not the only person that he was doing this to, and I was one of the outspoken ones that wouldn't give him the time of day! As someone said previously - we had a VERY high turnover in those four months...

-----

Click the scales if I've been useful! :)

• 3 years later...

Regular or continuing absence from work, whether by reason of sickness or other reason, can amount to misconduct, or reflect on capability or be "some other substantial reason" and if so can justify dismissal. Provided proper procedures are followed, a dismissal for that reason can therefore be fair.

I know it's an old thread, but someone out there is under the impression they can't be dismissed, they are in for a surprise.