style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3227 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My supervisor grabbed me violently by the clothing along my side/ribs yesterday. the next time I saw the managing director , I took him to the side and had a word telling him it was out of order. he agreed if it had happened as I stated it had. I told him I was too angry to want to get into it in any great detail at that time, I would prefer to cool off before discussing any further. I have rang in sick today, not stating why I wasn't coming in. I am only in employment there six months, and don't really feel it's in my interests to put a complaint in writing.

What's the odds I get sacked (I know I have no real comeback if I do)? and should I be pushing for a written apology, so I have a record if there's any "afters"?

I would lodge a formal grievance and remind them that you reserve the right to report the incident to the police.

Witnesses? CCTV?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

oh yes , have witnesses ok, but no cctv (at least nothing the firm will own up to). Have always had my suspicions though. MD knows far too much that goes on for someone casually to be telling him....

many thanks for the reassurance!! ;-)

Get those witnesses to write down what happened

getting those statements quickly would be a good idea

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

You could also make a complaint to the police if you wish. If the top management know about this and havent sacked the person responsible then they can be held to account as well.

If you are dismissed then you would be wise to speak to one of those ambulance chasing legal firms as the company are liable for the supervisor and having previous of the same will beef up your claim.

*IF* the OP was dismissed AFTER making a complaint to the police, it then becomes a possible case of Victimisation :)

2 years service does not apply to Victimisation claims.

You could also make a complaint to the police if you wish. If the top management know about this and havent sacked the person responsible then they can be held to account as well.

If you are dismissed then you would be wise to speak to one of those ambulance chasing legal firms as the company are liable for the supervisor and having previous of the same will beef up your claim.

There is no claim.

Not even for the "ambulance chasers."

You can claim for injury under common law tort and that includes mental anguish. the ambulance chasers have their own panel of doctors that will sign off letters accordingly.

I appreciate the attempt at teaching me how to suck eggs.

There is no physical injury and no "mental anguish" that an independent medical expert would put down as more than feeling annoyed for a couple of hours.

It's a total non starter and no solicitors firm or "ambulance chaser" would touch it with a 10 foot barge pole.