Orange won't provide Network Unlock Sim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3266 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My son has a Samsung Galaxy S4 on PAYG which was locked to Orange when he bought it 2 years ago. He has requested the Network Unlock Sim from Orange as he wants to change providers to Vodafone. He paid the £10.00 admin fee and waited. This was over a month ago and every time he rings them he gets a different excuse or fob off as to when he will receive the code. The second call he made after waiting 10 working days for the code, he was told the IMEI number had been taken down wrong by Orange, and he will have to wait another 10 working days for a new code. Yesterday he was told he would be emailed the code by midnight. Nothing arrived. Now he's being told because his phone no longer has a Orange number, there is nothing Orange PAYG team can do to help, goodbye. Surely this can't be right. All he wants is the code so he can start using his phone again, because he hasn't been able to for over a month.:mad2:

First of all I would implement the advice in our customer services guide and then call them up again – may be two or three times to see what all the different stories are.

How was the admin fee paid? Have you got evidence that the admin fee was actually received – such as in a bank statement?

If all this evidence is in place then it seems to me that they are contractually bound to supply you with the unlock code. You could complaint to the regulator although this will take a long time. You could begin to issue a small claim which will also take some time but it will produce very rapid results.

It really seems to be using a hammer to crack a nut but frankly if they won't talk and honour their commitments and deal with you properly, then it's the only way.

If you were to bring a small claim then I would suggest bringing on the basis of the breach of contract and for a modest amount of compensation – maybe calculated to cover the value of a new phone after having taken away the resale value of the old one

I can't imagine that it would get to court. I would expect the orange would leap into action and provide you with the code. They are stupid they need to be pushed around