provident/ lowell help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3100 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received a letter sometime ago from lowell (21st October 2014) saying they had acquired a debt from provident

regarding a couple of loans i took out a while back,

with the letter there was a letter from provident saying they had handed over the debt to lowell.

Within the letter from lowell it stated that the breakdown of the amount claimed owed covered 2 different accounts/agreements from 2010 and 2011.

I decided to send a CCA request to lowell on the 27th October 2014

In January i received a letter from lowell saying they had closed the case at present

as the document they had requested from provident was no longer available due to the length of time since the account was opened.

They stated they would not contact me again unless the document was received by them.

today i received a letter from lowell with a copy of one of the agreements from 2010 but not for the other agreement from 2011.

In the letter they said they would stop collection activity for 30 days whilst they await proposal of repayment

just wondering if someone could help and advice me what to do next next.

always grateful to all who respond

thank you

Hi,

Please can you remove all information where you can be identified including Barcodes & Account Numbers and scan up please for others to look at and comment on.

Please convert and attach in .pdf format.

Usual advise, do not call Lowell, keep everything in writing, if Lowell try to contact you then refuse to go through DPA and hang up.

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

They can now take enforcement action re the account the CCA has been provided for, but not the other.

Have Lowells provided Provident statements of account ? That would be the next logical step, to look through statements of account to identify any excess charges and to look to reduce the debt amiount. You could ask Lowell to evidence the debt by providing Provident statements of account and see what they come back with.

I don't think you will find any magic bullett to deal with this debt given how recent the account is, but you might be able to negotiate a reduction and then look to make payments based on affordability.

Unless you had some dispute with Provident that would make a difference ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

the only things that lowell has sent me regarding documentation from provident is the letter that stated they had sold the account to lowell. the other is a single page copy of one of the agreements showing signatures and includes account number etc... i have no statements so i don't know what amount is owing on the agreement or what charges have been added

should i push them for the other agreement, ask for statements or any other types of information?

thanks for the replies

the only things that lowell has sent me regarding documentation from provident is the letter that stated they had sold the account to lowell. the other is a single page copy of one of the agreements showing signatures and includes account number etc... i have no statements so i don't know what amount is owing on the agreement or what charges have been added

should i push them for the other agreement, ask for statements or any other types of information?

thanks for the replies

What they have sent is probably enough for a CCA request, but you could say that they have failed to provide enough information e.g no copy of the terms/conditions for the account, no copies of statements from Provident to evidence the debt. Ask them to supply copies of all the statements of account from Provident.

Because the account is so recent it is not difficult for Lowell to enforce the debt e.g CCJ. But if you want to delay such action make reasonable requests for information. Keep copies of letters.

• Confused 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

i am going to write back to them asking for the other agreement and all statements regarding both accounts, i am also asking if they can put on hold any collection activity until i recieve all requested documentation.

is there anything i can do about having to wait over 7 months from the original request to actually receiving an agreement..

. and only then sending only one when they claim the sum of money is derived from two agreements?

seven months is a long time to wait for a CCA request.

.. it took them over 2 months before the letter stating they was closing the case because the agreement was no longer available.

.. then over 4 months after that they send me one agreement.

today i also received a statement of account from lowell that is obviously showing the amount that is claimed when they purchased the debt..

. it had an original provident number on it but does not mention either of the 2 agreement numbers lowell stated this sum is for and how that figure was arrived at.

should i give then a time frame as to supply all the agreements and statements?

CCA is 12+2 days to comply, when they don't you stop payments and correspondence, there is nothing else you can do.

If they send it 3 years later, again nothing you can do!

SAR is 40 calender days, if/when they fail then you can lodge a complaint to the ICO for investigation.

When you sent the CCA request did you specifically state that it was for both agreements?

When did you take out these agreements?

In the same year? A few months apart?

• Confused 1

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

when i sent a CCA request to lowell i just sent the standard CCA template letter.

on the fist letter i received from lowell they claimed the total sum of money was made up of 2 different agreements... they listed 2 different account numbers each one had a different date of agreements, one agreement in 2010 one in 2011, there is a 9 month gap between each agreement. That was why i decided to send the CCA request in the first place.

The agreement they sent me was one dated 2010 which i would have thought would been the lesser of the 2 agreements as it must have been paid frequently between then and the one dated 2011.

• 1 month later...

just received the second credit agreement now...

i am guessing now they have supplied both agreements i am going to have to make them a offer of what i am able to afford to pay back now, which after a rough look at incomings and outgoings may amount to a pound... if they are lucky.

at present i am in a bad cycle where i do not have enough money each month to pay everything, which leads to me borrow money from friends and family, after paying them back i then need to borrow more again the following month.

can anyone please advise me on what i should do now as the constant money problems are causing me a lot of worry each month.

also i would be grateful if someone could point me in the direction of an in depth budget planner that that contains most incomings and outgoings and one that can include payments that are weekly, fortnightly, etc... and adds it up as you input figures

thanks

STOP!

Get all your ducks in a row first before you even contemplate paying anyone anything.

Can you scan and upload

Then understand what is and what isn't a ''priority debt''. ( I wouldn't class a TV licence as a priority, but I've never bought one, your circumstances may be different?)

Then click on the attachment and you 'should' find Ellens budget sheet for you to work out your OWN I&E, not theirs.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

one thing i have been unsure of is when lowell has contacted me via letter

they have always quoted their 'reference number' for the debt but also an 'original account number' for provident personal credit limited.

Is this number simply assigned by provident to allow easy access to borrowers details on their systems

as this number is not on either of the credit agreements sent.

and is completely different than the provident 'customer number' on both agreements.

Lowell bought 2 provi debts...urm..somethings not right here

do those agreement have you sig

and did you get all the T&C's with each one?

was the 2nd one to 'pay-off' the fist?

and were these collected by a doorstepper?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

thanks for the replies

it was a few years ago now but provident seemed to be constantly setting up another agreement to pay off the previous one.

I think the last 2 agreements that provident sold on to Lowell were actually two separate ones as at the time the agent said she was unable to do it as one loan.

The photocopied agreements i received from Lowell do have my signature on them.

They can both be seen in the pdf in the above post of mine.

The two photocopied front parts were all that was sent after the CCA request was made.

I also asked Lowell for statements from Provident for both accounts as to see how the figures claimed had been arrived at

but all they sent me was a statement from themselves dated from when they had purchased the debt to the date the letter was sent

showing how much they claimed was owed and how much was paid to them (zero)

The original loans were set up and collected by a doorstep agent.

no t&C's then its not enforceable.

if you wanted

you could sar provi and get all the statements and details etc

but I don't know of any provi loans being sold on [i take it you've had notice of assignment from lowlife?

for both loans?]

and none ever gone to court by lowells.

what does you credit file say?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

i originally got a letter from Lowell introducing themselves and with it was a letter on provident headed paper saying they have sold the debt onto Lowell.

on my credit file Lowell is listed a couple of times with the amounts they claim are owed on the 2 agreements. both 'accounts' are listed as 'default' status, the default dated January 2013.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]58560[/ATTACH]

STD noa.

Nothing wrong there

Have you all your statements

Puzzled as to why they have sold them

DX

and they

Puzzled as to why they have sold them/QUOTE]

And me, has to be a bad debt that they know they can't collect.

i don't have any statements and i cant remember if i was ever sent any. As it was a doorstep collector i paid the money to i had payment cards that were filled in by the agent each week but i am unsure where even they are now a couple of years on

sar to provident then ASAP

dx

and they

how do i get Lowell to back off until i manage to get the info from provident..

. each time they have sent me a copied credit agreement

a few days later i have received a letter telling me they have supplied the information requested

and i need to contact them within 7 days with an offer of repayment

or else they will pass this onto their collections department..

. 7 days have already passed since their last letter

stuff 'em you ignore them

they have no legal powers to make any time limit demands.

the only thing you never ignore is a claimform

till then they can wave their arms about as much as they want.

dx

dx

and they