Fault With Car What Are My Rights

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3301 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I normally lurk around the debt forums and so not sure if this is to place to post, if not my apologies and perhaps a mod could move.

Would like some advice about my rights in connection with a fault with an Audi A6 2006 I have recently purchased from Quicks (now Evans Halshaw)

When I test drove the vehicle I noticed the radio would not switch off or mute and had to be silenced using the rotary volume control, however, given the dash of the car is like an aeroplane cockpit I assumed I was doing something wrong and been otherwise happy with the vehicle I purchased it for cash price near enough £7,000.

Having used the car for 3 or 4 days and reading the handbook it became obvious that the on/off/mute button for the radio was in fact not working, I telephoned the dealer and made arrangements to return the vehicle for them to look at.

Having checked the vehicle over I was informed that a) the radio fitted to the car does not turn off and the fact that the mute function does not work is irrelevant as the sound can be turned down using the rotary control!

Now I have a problem with this on 2 counts firstly having taken the vehicle to an Audi main dealer the claim that the radio does not switch off is a lie and secondly having just handed over 7 grand of my hard earned for a car if it is fitted with a mute switch I expect it to work.

Additionally I am annoyed by the attitude of the dealer which has changed from this vehicle is an outstanding example hence the top end asking price to more or less what do you expect from a 2006 car.

I would be grateful for any advice for instance if I pursue this further is it possible that a court would consider the dealers claim correct i.e. it is a relatively minor fault which I should expect on a car of that age?

Many thanks

Nosnibor

"THE CAG IS MY SHEPHERD I SHALL NOT PAY": :lol:

Do you have the make and model of the radio ?

If so, have a search around and see if you can come up with something. I can't see any radio being made that it doesn't switch off, that has to be a fault and one the seller is responsible for.

Take a trip out to another dealer in another town if possible and ask in there feigning ignorance with something like the radio don't switch off.

Hi Conniff….

Thanks for taking the time to reply, sorry if I was not clear I have had the car to the Audi main dealer and confirmed the radio should switch off.

"THE CAG IS MY SHEPHERD I SHALL NOT PAY": :lol:

Disagree Conniff, they have the right to repair if indeed it is a fault. Often the owners handbook does not tie up with the car as it's generic, some models will, others won't hence the generic handbook.

Hardly worth going to court about and a £7000 Audi wouldn't necessarily be considered big money when compared to the original OEM OTR cost.