Cabot chasing old littlewoods debt from pensioner

Cub123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3306 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there.

In December 2014, my mother received a letter from Cabot stating that she owed over £800 from a 2009 Littlewoods account.

They then started harassing her by phone and post,

I sent a consent form stating that all correspondence should be via me and in writing.

After sending another letter to my mother, I complained and they said they had erased her number from their database

and that the account would be frozen for 30 days to give me time to send them a statement of my mother's earnings (she is a pensioner.)

They also said that they would sent a small gift as recompense?!

I find it iffy that they waited over five years to buy this alleged debt (which my mother thought she had fully paid off)

and are offering gifts (illegal??)

Also, I have looked on the FCA's consumer credit register, and the postcode isn't quite the same as the one on their letters,

also, the phone number is different.

Does this mean they are not properly registered?

Where do I go from here?

There is only 4 months to go until the six years are up?

Should I pursue a copy of the CCA.

I don't want anyone to turn up on her doorstep because of the repercussions from the owner of the house, (long story)

so I am loathe to ignore them.

Many thanks in advance.

First of all stay off the phone. If you HAVE to communicate then do this ONLY in writing. If any threat-monkeys phone, clearly state 'In writing only' and put the phone down.

Secondly, I would probably ignore anything which is a mere threatogram and not respond unless it is a Letter Before Claim. That would be the point to start talking about a CCA request. If the account is genuinely close to being statute barred then the last thing you want to be doing is talking to Crapbot.

They won't send a doorstep collector and if this is threatened at all, send a simple revocation of any implied right to visit the property.

Look out any paperwork relating to the account to make sure of timescales etc. Chances are whatever is owed, if anything will solely be due to charges - they could be reclaimed, but probably best to go for any debt being statute barred at this stage rather than arguing and getting into the possibility of acknowledging that a debt may exist, or investigating their CCL

• Confused 1

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Cabrot trying it on again!

Print this off and keep it by the front door, not that you'll need it mind.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387366-Harassment-amp-Threat-of-Doorstep-Visit-**Update-21st-April-2014**

• Confused 1

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Have you checked the credit file yet? You may want to even if to see if a "Mystery" payment has been made. Try Noodle its free but slow see here

https://www.noddle.co.uk/

Also do not go giving sensitive personal data like the I&E of your mother they really are not entitled to it unless they take you to Court, so ignore that request.

If they continue to call then register her number with the telephone preference service http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/number_type.html report and block the number.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.