Need Help Please..

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6427 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi There, I'm slightly worried I made a mistake, although I've followed the step by step instructions. Could anyone tell me if this is just the standard procedure please?

I sent my prelim off to Halifax & got a standard, we'll look into it letter, then on the due date after hearing nothing else sent my LBA to re-claim £1613.97 in charges. I then received a goodwill offer for £973.00 (how random is that?!) but following the step by step instructions I sent the refusal letter that's also shown in the templates library, saying I intended to persue the full claim but accept the £973.00 as partial payment. I have now received the following letter, which I'm slightly concerned about - is this just the usual way the Halifax works?

Halifax PLc

Customer Relations

PO Box 548

Leeds

LS1 1WU

Thank you for your recent letter.

As a gesture of goodwill I offered you £973.00, which you do not wish to accept. I confirm that we will not refund all the charges you have incurred since opening your account. I must aslo stress that future charges will stand and we reserve the right to close your account if you do not manage it correctly.

If you remain unhappy you can refer your concerns to the FOS as outlined in our previous letter.

I'd like to remind you, if you wish to refer the matter to the Ombudsman then you must do so within 6 months of the date of our previous letter.

Yours sincerely

Phil Giaramita

Review Manager, Customer Relations.

Time is running out & I'm due to file my online money claim on 08/11/2006 for the charges plus the 8% interest & the claim fees etc. Obviously I will still be doing this, but has anyone come accross this type of letter before please?

Many thanks

HSBC S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) 24.08.06

HSBC WON £3608.05 inc court costs DONATION MADE

Halifax S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) 24.08.06

Halifax WON £1909.39 inc court costs DONATION MADE

Thank you - that puts my mind at ease a bit, Roll on Wednesday!

I did the MCOL today for HSBC & will do Halifax on Wednesday. I thought I'd chance my arm at sending the form that came with the 'sod off then' letter back - to try & at least get some of the funds rolling in - I did strike out the full & final settlement bit & inserted 'partial payment' into the gap. Who knows - it's worth a try I suppose & at least I'd find it easier to pay for the next set of court fees to relaim their charges!:eek: