Compliance interview home visit

Beddz
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3406 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am currently waiting for the Jobcentre to get back to me with a home visit appointment for a customer benefits review(ESA). I was placed into the support group around June 2014, I know this is just a standard review that is happening to everyone as I have contacted them on the phone querying why I was given this letter to attend an interview. The thing that's bugging me is that I live with my grandfather and sometimes I have bills that are due to be paid before my benefit money goes into my bank account, so that I don't get into financial difficulty my grandfather puts the money I need into my account so I can pay my bill that are outstanding then retakes the money back when my benefit payment is paid to me. Is there anything wrong with doing this? Will it be seen as extra income?

I don't see how it can be seen as income if paid back. Don't worry about it.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Thanks for the reply Caro somewhat puts my mind at ease I just can't seem to grasp what questions they are going to ask me... I made my original claim in 2013 can hardly remember what happend last week let alone every single detail I put on my claim nearly 2 years ago

From what you say, it's a standard review so there doesn't seem to be any concern about your claim. There's been no mention of compliance so don't worry. Assuming you were honest about your circumstances and have notified them if anything changed then there's no reason to worry.

For the future though, it might be worth making a copy of any forms you submit for your own records. You could do a sar if you want historic info. Costs nothing from dwp.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Local Service Compliance Interview is what it says on the top of the letter but I've already contacted the JC advisor who's carrying out the visit and they have assured me its just a routine check which everyone is going to be getting soon enough. They've asked me to provide bank statements, utility bills, passport etc for the visit I'll update I guess after but its not until the 24th of Feb :/

Not too long to wait then. Please do let us know how it goes. :)