Mental health mobility pass

sade80
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3382 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm on higher rate ESA and am in the support group and recently been awarded the daily living component of PIP at the standard rate. I was also sent a letter stating that I may be entitled to severe disability premium, I filled the form and sent it back but am not eligible because I still live with my mum who's on lower rate dla and works.

Anyway I picked up a mental health mobility pass form at a hospital where I stayed for two weeks and have had it stamped and signed by my gp today. I'm unfit to drive. But I'm worried they may refuse it because I don't get enhanced rate daily living component of PIP. I get the standard rate of £54.45 a week on top of my ESA.

Do you think I should still be eligible for one? After all my GP has signed and stamped it.

Has any one else been through this procedure?

Edited by sade80

Would you be refused a driving licence for reasons other than drug abuse or alcohol? Including your medication making you unfit to drive

Yes, I'd be refused based on my mental health.

Depending on where you are in the country will dictate how easy it will be to gain what I take it you mean is a disabled person's travel pass. Usually, if you have a letter from DVLA confirming you are not allowed to drive for medical reasons that will do it. In addition getting either rate of daily living for PIP often gets you a plus one on your travel card allowing another to person to travel with you for free - a bit like the cinema plus one scheme.