letting through an estate agent

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3367 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just wondering if anyone could give some some advice please. I've always private rented never with an agency due to adverse credit thanks to my ex - having been working hard to pay off some of this I checked my credit report with experian and it said my rating was 788 which falls into the fair category. Would this be acceptable enough to rent a property?

having been working hard to pay off some of this

Hi,

As long as no defaults are showing and also not only the credit rating you can fully afford the rent, are in stable employment with payslips to match etc. etc.

Hopefully before paying the debts off you have made sure that if any DCA is involved that you have checked that they have had the legal right to collect and that you have claimed back any late charges and PPI if this option was added?

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

What do the other CRA's(3?) say?

You need to apply for a report from each one £2 each.

Credit score is only an arbitrary guideline. ^ recent monthly bank statements, showing rent and bills are paid on time and you can afford advertised rent/manage your finances may allay most LL's fears, provded no CCJs are registered against your name.

Why are you paying off your ex's debts? Are you divorced from him?

Different agencies have different standards, so you should ask up front what their policy is, and ideally get this in writing.

What you need to do is avoid handing over large application fees and then finding that they will neither accept you nor refund you your fees.

Sometimes they will be prepared to accept you but only if you can provide a guarantor and/or if you can pay 6 months up front.