• Tweets

• you IGNORE THEM. stop being had blind nothing anyone can do to you. dx  
    • Which Court have you received the claim from ? Name County Court   MCOL Northampton N1 ?yes Manual Claim CCMCC (Salford) ? New beta WWW.MONEYCLAIMS.SERVICE.GOV.UK ? Yes If possible please scan redact and upload a full page copy of page 1 of the claim form. (not the response page or AOS)     Name of the Claimant ? Give answer here Lowell How many defendant's  joint or self ? Give answer here Self 1 Date of issue – top right hand corner of the claim form – this in order to establish the time line you need to adhere to. Give answer here 08 may  ^^^^^ NOTE : WHEN CALCULATING THE TIMELINE - PLEASE REMEMBER THAT THE DATE ON THE CLAIMFORM IS ONE IN THE COUNT [example: Issue date 01.03.2014 + 19 days (5 days for service + 14 days to acknowledge) = 19.03.2014 + 14 days to submit defence = 02.04.2014] = 33 days in total   Date of issue XX + 19 days ( 5 day for service + 14 days to acknowledge) = XX + 14 days to submit defence = XX (33 days in total)  if your defence filing date falls on a W/End, you must file by friday @4PM     Particulars of Claim   What is the claim for – the reason they have issued the claim? Please type out their particulars of claim in full (verbatim) less any identifiable data and round the amounts up/down. state how many digits the account number has.. Give answer here  the claim is for sum of 1650£ due by the defendant under an agreement regulated by the consumer credit act 1974 for capital one account with an account reference of xxxx tge dependent failed to maintain contractual payments required by the agreement and a default notice was served under s87(1) of the consumer credit act 1973 which has not been complied with the debt was legally assigned to the claimant on 18/03-21 notice of which has been given to defendant  the claim incudes statutory interest under s69 of the county court act 184 at a rate of 8%per annum from the date of assignment to the date of issue of these proceedings in the sum of 132£ the claimant claims the sum of 1782£   What is the total value of the claim? Give answer here 1977£ Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC (Pre Action Protocol) ? Give answer here Not sure  received a letter on 24 march stating Letter of claim- you have 30 days to prevent legal action Have you changed your address since the time at which the debt referred to in the claim was allegedly incurred? Give answer here No Did you inform the claimant of your change of address? Give answer here Is the claim for - a Bank Account (Overdraft) or credit card or loan or catalogue or mobile phone account? Give answer here Credit card When did you enter into the original agreement before or after April 2007 ? Give answer here After Do you recall how you entered into the agreement...On line /In branch/By post ? Give answer here Online Is the debt showing on your credit reference files (Experian/Equifax /Etc...) ? Give answer here Yes Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. Give answer here Debt purchaser Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? Give answer here Unsure Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? Give answer here Unsure Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Sums in Arrears”  or " Notice of Arrears "– at least once a year ? Give answer here Not that he recalls Why did you cease payments? Give answer here Lost job What was the date of your last payment? Give answer here Feb 2023 Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? Give answer here No Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? Give answer here No What you need to do now.    Answer the questions above   If you have not already done so – send a CCA request to the claimant for a copy of your agreement (If Applicable) (except for Overdraft/ Mobile/Telephone accounts)   Send a CPR31.14 request to the solicitor named on the claim form for copies of documents mentioned/implied within the claim form. There are two different versions - one for Loans/Credit cards the other for Current accounts   Request 1 - Loans/Credit Cards     Request 2 - Current Accounts     You may use a CPR part 18 request for any other information (not request documents) that you might require in order to defend yourself. Please note that CPR 18 is specifically for Fast Track claims and although technically the claim has yet to be allocated to a track the claimant may refuse to comply for this reason.   If you require CPR Part 18 - this will need to be drafted specifically.   If you are not planning on defending for one reason or another – then you will need to complete an Income and Expenditure form and contact the Solicitor with your proposal. The N9a is already enclosed in the claim pack for Admittance which should be sent to the solicitor named on the claim form   If you are considering making a partial admittance N9b must be completed and returned to the court. Please note in most cases a partial admittance will result in an automatic CCJ for the amount admitted.   You have received a Claim - What you need to do.pdf1.33 MB · 241 downloads     Before Printing the PDF TIP   If you DO NOT wish to print Page 1 (Cover Page) of the PDF, please ensure to do the following:   Ensure you go to your Printer Settings and set it to 'Print from Page 2' (this way Page 1 (Cover Page) should not print out).   Note: This will save you Ink & Paper    
    • 3 threads merged for complete history of your debts. i suggest you re read from post 1 again. what are you doing still blindly paying a DCA on a historic debt?  
    • Hi, I have an old outstanding debt from 1994 due to MBNA for £20,000. The debt has been passed to various DCAs and is currently with PRA Group.  I sent them a CCA letter in January 2024. They acknowledged this letter and stated they would come back when they had more information, however the information did not arrive within the 12 working day scenario.. I have just received a copy of the agreement which goes back to 1994 from them. In their response letter they have stated " Please find enclosed documentation received to date: we are waiting further documents in order to complete your request. We have currently deemed this debt as unenforceable which means we are not able to take court or further action against you to recover the outstanding balance". They then go on to state "we are still legally entitled to:  1.Contact you to ask and repay what you owe 2.Pass your details onto a third party collection agency 3. Continue to report your account with the credit reference bureaux (as appropriate)". I'm at a loss as to what I should do next and would appreciate any guidance on this matter. I am currently paying £5.00 pcm. TIA      
    • A sinister tactic known as shoulder surfing is on the rise in the UK. Fraudsters are watching unwitting people log in to their mobile banking apps over their shoulder.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Stopping Payments to Stepchange and going it "alone"

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3417 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi helpful people :0)

Just about to write my letters.

1. So I need to SAR the OCs to see what fees etc were applied 6 years ago to see whether I can get these maybe taken off any balances. I need to send £10 to each OC (better to get postal order??).

2. Then CCA the DCAs to see if I really should be paying them all back or if they're blatantly taking the mickey? Is there a letter for this please? And do they charge too?

3. Then start a thread for each debt and see what happens??

:-)

MBNAlink3.gif sold to Idem Servicing September 2012 £2,601

MBNA sold to Idem Servicing Sept 2012 £1,600

Barclaycard assigned debt to Aktiv Kapital April 2011 £2,789

MBNA sold to Moorgate September 2012 £1,617

Barclaycard/Cabot Financial £1,749

Barclaycard/Cabot Financial £4,663

- BlondieGirl

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1. So I need to SAR the OCs to see what fees etc were applied 6 years ago to see whether I can get these maybe taken off any balances. I need to send £10 to each OC (better to get postal order??).YES

2. Then CCA the DCAs to see if I really should be paying them all back or if they're blatantly taking the mickey? Is there a letter for this please? And do they charge too?

Statutory fee £1

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387435-CCA-Request-Consumer-Credit-Act-1974

3. Then start a thread for each debt and see what happens??YES

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

cca request

sar

yes use po's

on the cca £1 ones leave them blank.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi helpful people :0)

1. So I need to SAR the OCs to see what fees etc were applied 6 years ago to see whether I can get these maybe taken off any balances. I need to send £10 to each OC (better to get postal order??).

3. Then start a thread for each debt and see what happens??

:-)

MBNAlink3.gif sold to Idem Servicing September 2012 £2,601

MBNA sold to Idem Servicing Sept 2012 £1,600

Barclaycard assigned debt to Aktiv Kapital April 2011 £2,789

MBNA sold to Moorgate September 2012 £1,617

Templates for SAR and CCA request in the CAG library.

£10 fee for SAR if you have more than 1 account with any creditor only one fee is needed.

£1 Fee for CCA request 1 fee per account.

The fees are all Statutory Requirements.

Yes use POs clearly marked " For Statutory Fee Only"..

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• 2 weeks later...

Do you want to post up further details so we maybe able to help? like the last payment have you got all of the statements and reclaimed the fees and maybe if there was any PPI involved?

How old are these debts please?

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

Payments made through the CCCS/Step Change and have been doing so for around 6 years.

BOS/Sainsbury's get £20.95 a month. This was defaulted and no longer shows on my credit report so I don't have much more info. I've paid off nearly £3k to them over 6 years, and owe £5k.

Cabot/Barclaycard get £18.79 a month Account opened in 1995. £2,6k paid off, £4,6k owing. Showing as arrangement to pay/debt management plan on credit report.

Cabot/Barclaycard get £7.01 a month. Account opened in 1995. £1k paid off. £1,7k owing. Showing as arrangement to pay/debt management plan on credit report.

As of yet, I've only sent the CCA to them. I haven't sent a SAR to see if there are fees (there were lots of DF fees added and over limit). No PPI because we've never taken any out.

BOSlink3.gif/Sainsbury's card/Cabot Financial £5,086

- BlondieGirl

So Cabot have responded with 3 duplicate letters. They have responded as follows:

"Thank you for your request for information under the Consumer Credit Act 1974. Cabot Financial currently does not have this information on file. However, we have requested the relevant information under section 77 and/or 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 from the original lender.

What happens next?

We anticipate that we will be able to provide this information within 40 days. In the even that we are unlikey to obtain this information within thost time limits, we will write to you again".

So do I have to wait for the 40 from the date of their letter?

THANK YOU :-)

BOSlink3.gif/Sainsbury's card/Cabot Financial £5,065

Barclaycard/Cabot Financial £1,742

Barclaycard/Cabot Financial £4,614

- BlondieGirl

Hello :-)

I have posted separately for each DCA that we have to deal with and have updated accordingly.

However, I have a general question which someone might be able to advise on please.

We pay nearly £200 a month through a DMP and have done so for 6 years.

It started with payments of £354 a month and we have already paid off £27,000.

As I think we were ill-advised in the beginning from the CCCS should I stop paying them, and go it alone?

Several accounts have defaulted and no longer appear on my credit file.

For these accounts, I would like to reduce my payments right down.

They aren't showing anywhere so would I ever have to declare them (*if* we were ever able to move and look at another mortgage etc)??

If I write to the OC who defaulted me and whose accounts no longer show,

I can't offer minimal payment through the CCCS because we are meant to treat each account fairly

and pay back a "fair" payment to each OC/DCA according to the amount owed as a ratio (if that makes sense)

so I couldn't tell the CCCS to reduce payments to the OC where the accounts no longer show.

Does this make sense??

THANK YOU :-)

Thanks. I presume you wrote to the ICO?

What happened with the HSBC?

What could I expect the ICO to do?

- BlondieGirl

if the debts are no longer showing on your credit file

that means they were defaulted more than 6yrs ago and have dropped off

THEY CANNOT RETURN

and now are doing you/cannoy do you no more - any harm to your credit rating.

pers I would be dumping Stepchange now

£27k is one hell of a lot of money

and I think as the CCA returns start to fail

you are going to be very annoyed that these type ofchecks were not done on day one!!

sadly no DMC ever does any checks, bar the national debt line

who in recent times have 'woken up' to checking the legality of debts FIRST

before recommending one of the free DMC's to people.

dump them

and do it yourself now.

as for reducing payments

that's easy to sort out

you just now have to make THEM jump through YOU HOOPS

rather than the otherway around!!

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

So I've started to make them jump through hoops

- 2 have replied today saying they have nothing to send me and will try and locate the documentation from the OC.

Cabot say they will try to do this within 40 days. Aktiv kapital don't give a time scale.

How do I get reduced payments? Is there a process? Letters?

I'm not sure what to do now to

a) leave Stepchange

b) reduce payments and

c) respond to Cabot and Aktiv kapital

- BlondieGirl

once any one fails the 12+2 WORKING days deadline

to send you an ENFORCEABLE CCA

you STOP PAYMENTS TO THEM.

this is why its better to dump stepchange

they wont like/let you remove individual debts from a plan.

pers I'd be closing it

and doing it yourself

with those creditors that pass the CCA test.

it is easy to negotiate a new payment plan under your own self run scheme.

you simply TELL them what they are going to get.

dx

and they

HSBC apologised and made a statement that a new system to comply with regulation time scales are in place, also have been told that a file on certain subjects of complaints are recorded for possible later action against them,.if continued, your case ICO should reprimand them or force action possibly? if we do not let ICO know then these parasites get away with it!

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

OK, so leaving Stepchange is easy.

How do I reduce payments to those who have defaulted me?

I am sure it is as easy as sending a letter, but is there a standard one to use?

What do I do with those who "pass the CCA" -

and I assume you mean send me the correct info within the right timescale?

What will happen with those who don't provide the right info

ie, Cabot/Aktiv?

If I just simply stop paying, they're going to start to send letters etc presumably.

- BlondieGirl

yes you'll probably get a forest through your door

because you have found out that they have been cash cowing you for years on debts

they cannot legally enforce

and if truth were known

never could.

pers I'd be waiting till we get ALL the info on all the debts

then workout which need paying

then start a fresh under your own administered plan

all the details ofwhat to do/send etc

are here and on many internet sites.

but for the minute

I'd sit on your hands.

any that fail the CCA 'test'

could be sent a letter

but in all truth they know the score

and theres little point in starting letter tennis with them.

until / unless someone after money produces an enforceable CCA they are STUFFED!!

and they

Thanks for your reply :-) I will wait and see what they all come up with (or not) and take it from there.

*if* they can't produce anything, and I stop paying, and it's unenforceable etc etc, can anything be changed on a credit reference file??

- BlondieGirl

no

but I would suspect most of your debts are close to the 6yrs defaulted date anyhow

dx

and they

This is my problem;

what appears on the credit file.

We went onto a DMP just over 6 years ago now and

some of the debts were defaulted and no longer appear on the credit files.

So there's no point in paying them larger amounts every month.

I have requested CCAs from these too, and I will see what comes up.

I will SAR them as well to see if there were any fees (there were).

But, my main problem is those companies, such as Barclaycard, MBNA etc who agreed this DMP.

They are reporting to the CRAs that we're on a DMP.

And they will continue to do so until 6 years after the debt is paid off - until we probably retire or die!

So trying to get the CCAs is the start of the process to sort this whole mess out, but I'm not sure what I can achieve.

Great if I can get monthly payments down.

Even better if some DCAs write the debts off.

But it's the credit files that are causing no end of problems for us.

- BlondieGirl

so you have the dreaded AP marker with no default listed in the debt summary?

dx

and they

YES! :-( several.

And it isn't fair - we are, and will be, penalised for years and years.

Going bankrupt seemed a far better option.

But Stepchange not to do anything like this.

This is why I started all of this.

I was none the wiser when we set this all up.

Stepchange didn't mention anything about this.

Now we were thinking of moving into rented, let our house out, but I know we won't get a buy-to-let mortgage to do this.

Big problem because of a small house (now with children) and needing to move because of schools.

And we couldn't get a loan for a car or lease one - we need a vehicle. No car = no work = no money.

I am at my wit's end.

- BlondieGirl

ideally again this is something that stepchange should of sorted

getting the debt defaulted first and getting interest and penalties stopped.

it might well be better to deal with each on that has the years of AP markers

on the thread for that debt.

there was until recently good worth in complaining that the AP marker is

disadvantaging you as apposed to other debtors that don't pay at all.

but there was a recent change in the ICO guidelines

and they appear not to be resolving such AP marker issues anymore

but I suspect there will be no harm in asking

as this happened before the change.

dx

and they