I'm charging Anglian Home Improvements £500 each time they continue to harass/phone me

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2837 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks for telling me about that case. Very interesting indeed "It was notable that the Act did not provide any defence for “accidental” harassment. It was difficult to think of a policy reason why large corporations should be exonerated for conduct which, if carried out by an individual, would amount to harassment."

"the Court of Appeal accepted that there can be liability for harassment even if the material is automatically generated such, as in this case, by computer"

Thank you very much :-)

The British Gas case was indeed ground breaking and made it clear that s company that continued to contact a person unwarranted could face a claim, you'll find the case discussed a lot here and on other sites.

it is good that you intend to pursue this!

https://community.bt.com/t5/Phones/How-to-track-an-incoming-call-that-wasn-t-the-last-one/td-p/386607 that link seems to suggest that there is no way BT will provide you with that information unless it is part of a police investigation or malicious calls

Personally, I think otherwise... since BT already have this information and can retrieve this information, then I believe it would be part of a Subject Access Request.

Well we know, thanks to those draconian anti-terror laws, that BT HAS to store the data of who phones who for several years. I have found that there is a vast gap between what big companies CAN do and what they WANT to do. Doing some research it has become clear the phone companies have absolutly no interest in stopping harasment or crimes (RE stolen mobile charges) and want the maximium amount of money for the least amount of work. So the trick is to be such a pain in the ass to them, that they give you what they SOULD give you, just to get rid of you. :-)

hahaha that is a good trick. yes, it does seem that the larger the company, the more uncaring they are to their customers

i believe BT have the technology to stop unsolicited calls (similar to reporting it as spam), after so many spam reports they could prevent number calling their customers, can also prevent phone number spoofing, but they don't do this since it would cause them a loss of profit

• 1 year later...

A few months ago, I received an unexpected salesman from Anglia Windows at my front door. He asked the usual Qs. and I told him that next year we are intending to have an extension built to the house. I told him that we would contact AW in the new year to see if they were interested. But he insisted on trying to get me to commit NOW. His attitude was quite forceful. A week passed and I received a 'phone call from them - asking me what I was going to do about the extension. I repeated my story: next year - and politely told them "Don't call me: I'll call you. That has fallen on deaf ears. They persist in continually phoning me. I wrote a formal complaint to their MD, telling him that no more phone calls from them were wanted and that they would not be answered. Today, another phone call from them.

Whatever you do, never talk to anyone from AW! Once they have your details, they will never leave you alone!

I had thought Anglian Home Improvements (to give them their full name) had given up on door to door visits. Certainly they haven't knocked on my door for the best part of ten years.... Until yesterday.

I have a list of companies I will do business with, and another for the ones I want nothing to do with. The quickest way of getting on the second list is to cold call either at my door or over the telephone.

For the OP: If you decide to pursue a claim through the courts, I wonder whether Parking Eye-v-Beavis would be worth quoting. You do, after all, have a commercial interest in charging for your time and the fee should be pitched at a level that reasonable.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.