Fraud by false rep - need guidance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3310 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As for your health, I suggest you see your doctor and make sure they are aware of how you are feeling.

I don't need anyone's pity, I am just going through a very hard time indeed but will try my best to cope.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is not about pity. Having those thoughts is unhealthy and will undermine your attempts to defend yourself. 1 in 4 people have mental health problems at some point in their life. Just like a physical illness or condition sometimes you need help to keep you fit to fight.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

I don't know how I will get myself out of this, which is making me sick with worry as this will ruin my life to the point it's not worth living. Noone can help me with that, can they? :'(

Hello there.

Don't forget about the Samaritans, they're used to helping people who feel the way you do.

08457 90 90 90

Hugs, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hello there.

Don't forget about the Samaritans, they're used to helping people who feel the way you do.

08457 90 90 90

Hugs, HB

Thanks, it means a lot.

I moved the case to crown court. My life is over.

Why is your life over?

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Why is your life over?

Because my future and everything I've worked for so hard in life is at other people's mercy over something so stupid. I'll end up insane and penniless, with a possible conviction even though hoping for justice.

Because my future and everything I've worked for so hard in life is at other people's mercy over something so stupid. I'll end up insane and penniless, with a possible conviction even though hoping for justice.

Ok Question.

DID you put the store tags onto a different product and return it? Yes/NO

Next thing.

We are at all times subject to powers outside our control. The best thing we can do is to try and retain as much control as possible. IF you are as worked up as you appear, I bet you ar enot getting much sleep and have not for some time. This means you are unliekly to be able to think objectivly and if you are innocenet you are reducing the chances of being able to defend yourself.

Regain Control. - See your GP, Let him know whats happening and how it is effecting you. He may be able to provide something to help with sleep if that is a side effect of this case.

With Sleep you will begin to put yourself in a better situation to handle this and how you feel will improve.

Also, look at what you typed. "possible conviction"

You may get convicted OR YOU MAY NOT!

What happens is entirely down to you. Even if you are NOT innocent, getting into the right frame of mind MAY make a big difference between the outcomes.

And even if you did become penniless. Plenty of people are worse off than Penniless and manage to recover.

Stop looking at the worst case scenarios. AND start regaining control

Ok Question.

DID you put the store tags onto a different product and return it? Yes/NO

No.

Thanks a lot for your support. You are right about everything you say, but it's hard to be in my shoes right now. You guys have helped me so much. I will one day come back and let you know the outcome, whatever it may be. In the meantime, best of luck with your own battles.

Edited by speranza

PLease let us know how you get on.

I hope you find some legal help. Im sure you will come out the other side of this.

I moved the case to crown court. .

OOI. how did your sol argue that, given the v low value and re the links i posted? is there more to your circumstances than posted?

There is NOTHING more than said here. The case is as stupid as it sounds! When I read the value of items that have been shoplifted on this forum and how it was solved between the store and customer or RLP I was amazed at how unfortunate I am to be me today! Considering I went to the store and was greeted on the way in and out by security people and the person at the till saw no problem with the garment before refunding me, yet they went to the police and they arrested me a week later AT WORK for £30 odd claiming it is a different branded shirt!

However this was purchased online, reason for that being they didn't have this item in store, then I returned it there to get a more prompt refund to my card instead of waiting 2 weeks for them to get it in the mail and process it for me.

These are 2 high street brands they're arguing about, the value of the item would have been the same in either, it's not designer vs high street, so I would make no gain of £30 in any shape or form by swapping the 2 as claimed.

However I am unsure how I will defend myself as they have statements from the store manager saying they don't sell that and the cashier saying they didn't see a problem with the item at the time of refund. So what if they get the warehouse people to testify and say they do their job properly and inspect items before sending out? How am I supposed to defend myself then? It is not like they have me on cctv one day walking in the store and purchasing something and another day returning something else!! Mental!!

I had NO solicitor on the day to argue for me, except the duty solicitor. I couldn't get legal aid. I think you are not very familiar with the law on this case - They had to give me the option of a trial by jury and I made my choice. I knew that all along. My life depends on this and I was not going to leave it in the hands of magistrates! Anyway, probably a long ordeal to follow in the months to come and thousands of £ out of my pocket so wish me good luck... :'(

Edited by speranza

Crown court over £30, wow

:) thats why i asked. its generally not auto anymore (committal hearings being abolished). there must've been some serious issue that justified sending it there, hence the q.

:) thats why i asked. its generally not auto anymore (committal hearings being abolished). there must've been some serious issue that justified sending it there, hence the q.

I got a date for a plea and case management hearing in Crown Court as they approved my request to have a trial by jury. So there will be a couple of steps before the actual trial I'd imagine.

I had NO solicitor on the day to argue for me, except the duty solicitor. I couldn't get legal aid. I think you are not very familiar with the law on this case - They had to give me the option of a trial by jury and I made my choice. I knew that all along. :'(

how? i suggested seeing the duty sol if your sol couldnt rep you.

and the links i posted explain the rules. they do have an option to a certain extent, and they apparently gave it to you!

I got a date for a plea and case management hearing in Crown Court as they approved my request to have a trial by jury. So there will be a couple of steps before the actual trial I'd imagine.

you've got a date already that quickly!

Sorry, I meant no offence with that. I read the links you gave me but I knew I'd have that option all along and I never had to argue with them about it or make a demand, nor is there more to the case than said, they had the option in place so they had to ask. I don't know the rules and probably won't need to once I'm done with this. The duty sol won't do much though, only overlook that your rights aren't abused with, good thing is, it has now been moved elsewhere, where I'll pay a fortune but will get representation.

you've got a date already that quickly!

2.5 months later. Yes, I thought it was routine that they'd confirm whatever future appointment you'd have with them. Again this is not for the actual trial so I don't understand why you're surprised as I'm a bit freaked out?

2.5 months later. Yes, I thought it was routine that they'd confirm whatever future appointment you'd have with them. Again this is not for the actual trial so I don't understand why you're surprised as I'm a bit freaked out?

from your post #30 you only just seemed to have been in the mags, yesterday/day before was it?

SO you ordered Item A form an online store called "Blobbys"

When it arrived it was in fact Item B

You returned Item B to a branch of Blobbys that stocks neither Item A nor Item B

-------

Ok, question, is Item B on the internet stores stock list?