Unclear PCN islington council junction is Calshot Street N1

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3458 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Evening all

I require a little help please,

I have received a PCN today from Islington Council,

the 1st thing I'm confused about is the date of the alleged contravention is 29/9/14

however the notice is dated 26/11/14 nearly 2 months later.

I have had the car for nearly 4 years and lived at my current address for 6 years so DVLA have had all the correct information on me.

2nd issue is,

it states that I failed to comply with a prohibition on certain types of vehicle,

now looking at the pics on the PCN they are saying I turnrd right and shouldn't have.

The only signs I can see are the ones on the actual road once I've turned right,

so how would anyone be able to see the sign of you have already turned right?

There are no other signs prior to approaching the junction nor in front of my view.

Would this make a success representation?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sometimes putting the junction location can aid posters that know the junction.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

No worries. It can help sometimes as some people might have been there or know the junction.

Might be handy to walk and photograph the junction to make sure u get evidence and also did not miss anything

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

There would be ways and means but it would invovle a lot of digging. Freedom of information requests to the local authority to find out when the job "Of installing the signs" was and when they were signed off as being installed. BUT depends on whether you want the hassel.

If someone confirms that they were recently installed or not there then you have avenues to explore

There is a No Right Turn sign before the junction:

http://goo.gl/maps/BqkIk

And no traffic except cycles here:

http://goo.gl/maps/T3bSU

The Civil Enforcement of Parking Contraventions (England) General Regulations 2007:

(4) Subject to paragraph (6), a regulation 10 penalty charge notice may not be served later than the expiration of the period of 28 days beginning with the date on which, according to a record produced by an approved device, or information given by a civil enforcement officer, the contravention to which the penalty charge notice relates occurred (in these Regulations called “the 28-day period”).

This is not a parking contravention

My mistake. How about this?

(1)Subject to the provisions of this section, no penalty charge notice may be served under this Act after the expiry of the period of 28 days beginning with the date on which the alleged contravention or failure to comply ocurred.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukla/2003/3/section/6/enacted

Morning, thanks for your replies, I honest did not see the no right turn sign, surely it should be near the junction and not where it's placed, failing that do I have an representation challenge in the grounds it's over 28 days served? But surely why would Islington send it out if they know it could be argued. I'm not disagreeing with anyone whatsoever, it's just when I write to them I wish to be prepared for their responses