HSBC took out money I really need!

Atlantic2009
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3315 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

At the moment, I am unemployed due to health reasons. I've just had a major operation and I did not overdraw, but rather, bills like TV license, Virgin Media etc....

They took out £44 for charges and I forgot where the draft is to write a letter to them to claim it back under hardship!

I hate HSBC, I really should change banks soon...

Template is here you'll need to personalize it a bit and replace FSA with FCA.

As for your benefits, I'll just copy myself from another thread:

If you are in receipt of benefits (regardless if Jobseekers, Disability, Child benefits or whatever) HSBC has no right to deny you access to them, so if you can't withdraw your benefits at the cash machine walk straight into a HSBC branch and demand a manual withdrawal of your benefits money, you may have to ask two or three times, but eventually front line staff will go and get authorization from their Manager to approve the withdrawal and give you your benefits cash in hand regardless of how badly over the limit your account is due to charges.

Hi Atlantic

You need to personilze the templatelink3.gif below. Banks don't like templateslink3.gif.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/s...laim-fees.html

(Your name and address)

(Name and address of bank)

(Date)

Dear Sir/Madam,

Account number:

I am writing to reclaim all bank charges on my account(s) (since X date, when you believe you entered financial hardship). I am unhappy that these charges have been applied to my account and in this letter I am registering my complaint and I request that you immediately stop applying further charges to my account.

I need you consider my case as a matter of urgency as I believe I am in financial hardship. This is because (state reasons: i.e. you are unable to meet priority financial commitments including, but not limited to, council tax, food and utility bills. If your income includes benefits state what they are, and give details of any circumstances which have changed recently i.e loss of job, relationship breakdown, serious illness, stating how this has affected your financial situation.) I attach evidence to show my monthly income and outgoings.

I therefore request that you repay all my default charges since (X date) which total (X amount).

Under the FCA guidelines, (name of bank) has 8 weeks to resolve my complaint. I trust that you will deal with my case within this period. If not, I will refer the matter to the Financial Services Ombudsmanlink3.gif.

I look forward to receiving a full response to this letter within 14 days

Yours faithfully,

You need to personilze the templatelink3.gif below.

*cough* *cough* thats the same template I had linked to along with saying the same thing about personalizing it...

Anyway, just as a heads up, here is the template response you will receive from HSBC,

[ATTACH=CONFIG]53801[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]53802[/ATTACH]

In other words, complaining to HSBC is nothing but a formality so you are allowed to complain to the FOS.

I've been using that template for a long time, I'm fairly sure I first posted it on this site. No doubt you picked it up from this site. You have no idea what HSBC will say, so that has no relevance. The fact that a complaint to the FOS will cost HSBC £550, they might just refund the charges.

*cough* *cough* thats the same template I had linked to along with saying the same thing about personalizing it...

Anyway, just as a heads up, here is the template response you will receive from HSBC,

[ATTACH=CONFIG]53801[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]53802[/ATTACH]

In other words, complaining to HSBC is nothing but a formality so you are allowed to complain to the FOS.

I've been using that template for a long time, I'm fairly sure I first posted it on this site. No doubt you picked it up from this site. You have no idea what HSBC will say, so that has no relevance. The fact that a complaint to the FOS will cost HSBC £550, they might just refund the charges.

Of course I found the template on this site and never claimed otherwise, I was simply pointing out the redundancy in posts as its the exact same, nothing more.

It's the exact response 10+ people received on behalf of whom I have sent complaints about HSBC fees.

Point behind it simply being that HSBC follows the try to fob people off mantra and that people should except that a FOS complaint will be necessary, complete with the implication that it will take a long time to get the fees back no matter how deep into hardship they are.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 5 months later...