Virgin Media - court claim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3526 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I've been trying to start a thread but it keeps saying "add 2 more characters" despite adding 8 more!

It's a bit long & drawn out but to sum up:

My Grandma started having dialysis so I had to pop in more to help her her out & take her to & from appointments.

I decided to cut back to accommodate her as I couldn't bare to take her offered funds.

I called virgin in jan 14 & downgraded my package. I was advised the package would be less moving forward.

However, the bills got higher and higher.

I emailed asking why. No reply.

I emailed again & they replied 3 weeks later saying they've been trying to phone me. No reply to a single point in my email.

I wrote a letter to customer services asking for the package to be cancelled & enclosed my initial emails asking for a reply. 1 month later and no reply.

I then wrote to the CEO Mr Mockeridge & again (to my surprise) no replies to the points. Again saying they are sorry I was leaving, sorry for poor service and they hope I would return one day.

The package was disconnected and my blueyonder email removed from their server. They usually give 90 days for emails to be retrieved but not in my case. Nobody in the company could explain why it was removed and not disconnected.

I wrote again asking why and explaining that I will not pay the final bill and that I was considering issuing proceedings. Also I gave 4 weeks notice in April & they didn't disconnect until June so they owed me money.

No reply. I issued court proceedings and they put a default on my credit file & passed it to Moorecroft debt agency.

I write to Moorcroft with the letters from Virgin showing the new price given in Jan and their bills that got higher and higher since Jan. I also showed that my credit file stemming 12 years had never had a default until Virgin place on. At no point did I not pay, I simply paid the price in the new contract and not a penny more, especially as nobody in the company knew why the bills were escalating.

Moorecroft passed the case back to Virgin who have now written to the court asking for a mediation meeting instead of the case being heard before a judge.

I received a copy of that defence today and await the courts to write to me further.

It is clear I did all I could & ensured I made payment of the price given in Jan on the phone and in writing. I will not be bullied by Virgin Media Ltd and would love the support from all who have suffered at their hands.

Sorry for the brevity & any spelling errors.

Hi powertothepeople

Welcome to CAG

Follow the following guidance on complaining.

http://consumers.ofcom.org.uk/complain/phone-and-broadband-complaints/

Thread created.

-------------

Hi

I did call Ofcom but they said they don't investigate complaints but welcome me sending them the details and any updates to log on their system so they can monitor companies. Where they see a similar pattern of complaints then they may launch their own investigation.

Hi powertothepeople

please keep me updated as i might be folloing in your footsteps (i hope it doesn't get that far). Virgin signed me up to a contract and the sales rep did not give me all the information so imagine my shock when 28 turned to 43pounds and when i tried to end it i was only then informed i was in a contract and would be charged a cancellation fee. Ofcom also said the same to me. Friend of mine told me last week that VM did similar to her last yr, quoted one price on the phone but charged a didn't price. she was lucky enough to cancel it on time. She called to complain about something the engineer had done but was shocked to discover the price of the package wasn't what she agreed to.

If there is anyway i can be of help please ask.

- Kay

Hi powertothepeople

please keep me updated as i might be folloing in your footsteps (i hope it doesn't get that far). Virgin signed me up to a contract and the sales rep did not give me all the information so imagine my shock when 28 turned to 43pounds and when i tried to end it i was only then informed i was in a contract and would be charged a cancellation fee. Ofcom also said the same to me. Friend of mine told me last week that VM did similar to her last yr, quoted one price on the phone but charged a didn't price. she was lucky enough to cancel it on time. She called to complain about something the engineer had done but was shocked to discover the price of the package wasn't what she agreed to.

If there is anyway i can be of help please ask.

- Kay

VM can be a very difficult company to deal with. It can be pure luck about who you manage to get to deal with any issues. Sometimes you get no help at all and at other times someome really helpful who is great at sorting out a problem. I think this may be due to VM getting rid of staff with experience and going down the cheap route, with lots of outsourcing, temporary contracts etc. The last time I had a technical issue, I spoke to someone in India.

I have not had a billing problem as such. The advertised price of £28 does not include a charge of £15.99 per month for the phone line. I think they often provide the phone line half price for a short period. This is all mentioned in their advertising and contracts.

If the OP goes to court, he needs to hold them to strict proof. It may be sensible to send VM a Data Protection Subject Access Request for copies of all data/letters and recordings of phone calls.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi unclebulgaria (love the name)

difficult sums them up. Every company has their good and bad employees and even though the first person i spoke to was a right *ahem* the 2 people i spoke to after were polite but unhelpful. I understand the *ahem* maybe was having a bad day but the other 2 it was as if they were not allowed to help me or didn't no how to help me. If i say i want to complain i expect to be told how i can go about doing that, If i say i was miss informed i expect them to go and find out the truth (they have the recordings) and make it right. All i can say about VM is, I smell a Rat.

Hey Powertothepeople

Any news?

---------------------

Hi I'm trying to reply to all messages but I get:

"Read the below message to see what went wrong with your submission

Sorry powertothepeople! you must have 30 posts in order to send PM's. Your current post count is 4."

I received a defence from VM via the court & it was a list of T&Cs dating back 7 years ago when I signed up & nothing acknowledging the shambles in 2014.

I have until 1st Sept to respond. I have requested all records of calls notes etc under the DPA before I reply.

Basically they are asking for an informal resolution & not a judge. I wonder why?