Credit Resolution Services Letter

Trevnew
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3572 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Almost a year ago a Gym I was a member at ceased trading and another company had taken the gym over. After it had all quieted down I went into see the staff and asked about the membership and they informed me if I wanted to continue the membership with the subsequent company I needed to change the direct debit to start paying them I asked if I did not want to do this what my options were they told me just to do nothing and I would not be enlisted as a member with the new company.

Taking the easy option I chose the do nothing choice

I've just received a letter from a company called Credit Resolution Services referring to a membership arrears and their charges of £102.50 and an apparent balance being due of £240.48 referring to previous letters being sent of which I have not received any, this letter has arrived at my parents house.

It's not clear from this letter if it is the original Gym or the takeover company that this has come from.

Can anyone advise if I'm responsible for any of this, arrears or charges and the best way to deal with a company like this its the first time I've had anything like this??

Ignore them.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Which gym was it. Who took over and have a company called harlands been involved?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi Trev and welcome to CAG

I would reply to CRS saying :-

I refer to your demand of xxdate.

I let my membership with XXXX Gym lapse as I did not want to start a new membership agreement. The new gym told me I didn't need to do anything and the matter was left.

I do not owe any balance in fees and I certainly don't owe you anything in penalty charges.

Any further request/demand will be reported as necessary to Trading Standards and the ICO.

Let us know if/how they reply.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Thanks Slick

Yes was thinking of something along these lines, but was curious to know any legal responsibilities if or how a specific membership can be passed along to another company when only one party of the original agrees to it.

Edited by Trevnew

Hi Trev,

Is CRS's address Haywards Heath in West Sussex?

CRS are the supposed debt collection side of the gym admin operation of Harlands. In reality, Harlands and CRS are one and the same, working from the same office but using different letterheads.

I don't think you were obliged to remain a member under the new ownership and you chose not to. Also, remember that Harlands and CRS are chancers and go to great lengths to convince folk to pay them.

Send the letter and let us know what happens.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Hi Slick

Yes the address is

CRS

2nd Floor

Rockwood House

9-17 Perrymount Rd

Haywards Heath

West Sussex

RH16 3TW

Sounds as if it is the same outfit as the Harland's you mention

Definitely !!

Harlands are the group that runs the gym admin and they put CRS letterheaded paper in the typewriter to send out debt collection letters. LoL !