fit for all gym

rambot
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6395 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

joined a joint membership with this gym last year in march after my heart attack, we paid 78.00 on the day of induction to start a joint membership and then we paid 63.00 every month for 11 months to the end of the year, by direct debit,

my wife canceled the account in february this year in writing as requested to do so, we recieved a letter by return thanking us for the membership and should we wish to rejoin please dont hesitate to do so,

out of the blue this week we recieved a letter from

credit resolution services demanding payment for 340.00, for this gym

after tackling them about this matter all they can is apologise if theres been a mistake and we should conact credit resolution services and inforn thhem there is a mistake,

my first question is we have had no letters that we owed any money whatsoever and secondly we have had no membership since february this year,

i am livid a compnay can do this out of the blue with no paperwork to support any of this, they havent even got a record that we had a joint membership or that we paid every month.

could we use a data subject access request to support anything we would need to defend against this debt or should we just let it take it course and go to court to prove a point

REWARDSNOW AND CREDITSCOREMATTERS ARE NOW GETTING THEIR COME UPPANCE, I WILL MAKE SURE OF THAT

Grabby bank are the thorn in my side.

Claim issued 31st may 06

Served 5th june 06

Judgement obtained 20th june 06

Claim amount 1305.19 inc costs

CCA letter sent to Activ Kapital (now in default. 60+ days have passed)

CCa letter sent to Close management(21st june no response what so ever)

Data Protection Act letter sent to Black Horse(21st june no response so far)

Data Protection Act letter sent to First National(no response either.)

DFS has succumbed to my request for a new suite as the last one was not fit for purpose

All letters sent recorded and signed for.

we should conact credit resolution services and inforn thhem there is a mistake,

I assume you did this? What did they say?

-------------------------------------------------------------------

christmasrallycag_468x60.gif

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

we did do this, they tell me they cant do anything only by instruction by fit for all, and fit for all tell i can only inform credit resolution services that there is a mistake,

we have had no membership since february and it was all paid monthly to the end,

they havent even had the decency to write to us at all to tell us they thing there is a debt building up in any way,

i cannot believe it.

REWARDSNOW AND CREDITSCOREMATTERS ARE NOW GETTING THEIR COME UPPANCE, I WILL MAKE SURE OF THAT

Grabby bank are the thorn in my side.

Claim issued 31st may 06

Served 5th june 06

Judgement obtained 20th june 06

Claim amount 1305.19 inc costs

CCA letter sent to Activ Kapital (now in default. 60+ days have passed)

CCa letter sent to Close management(21st june no response what so ever)

Data Protection Act letter sent to Black Horse(21st june no response so far)

Data Protection Act letter sent to First National(no response either.)

DFS has succumbed to my request for a new suite as the last one was not fit for purpose

All letters sent recorded and signed for.

What a load of cr*p! Of course, it's up to you to tell the DCA!

I mean, imagine if the DCAs took the word of the people they're pursuing for debts... :rolleyes:

The DCA contract is with the fitness company, the mess up is the fitness company's, let's try and guess who should be sorting it out? ... Got it in one.

I think standard "I do not acknowledge any debt to your company" letter to DCA, and a strongly worded letter to the fitness company, stating that it is their mess, their responsability, and to sort it out sharpish, and they'd better make damn sure that they haven't registered any adverse credit against you, or else... :mad:

Do you not still have the letter from the Gym thanking you for your membership, and feel free to rejoin at any time?

Speak to the General Manager at the gym, and advise him that if this isn't resolved, then you will involved the Office of Fair Trading for harassment contrary to Section (1) of the Administration of Justice Act

Lived through bankruptcy to tell the tale! Worked in various industries and studied law at university. All advice is given in good faith only :)