How the Bailiff gets paid?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3583 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Difficult to know where to start really. Noting wrong with having a god work ethic or wanting to provide for you family that is a given, not sure what it has to do with your choice of profession, unless you are saying that it was the only option open to you ?

Do you seek to justify it by saying it was ?

Then you say it is a noble profession , so why do you seek to justify it.

Bailiffs companies are not about collecting debts to assist debtors, this is something that you would have us believe, but it is not the case, the bailiff industry, is just that it is a business, it is about the creation of revenue form the collection of debts.

"

I do not slander anyone, I say the industry is morally bankrupt, in that it relies on others misfortune in order to make money, bailiffs do not "help people", never happens.

Other points, "all villains go to jail" really ?

"Giving someone gun and it does not make them a murdered", bit vague, and not sure of the contest, but I would say that it is difficult to shoot someone with out one.

As for being constructive , I think I am, the constructive thing to do would be to scrap the whole industry and start addressing the idea of why people find they are getting into debt in the first place.

I'd say there's plenty of people owning guns who don't kill people.

And stop people from owning them because of the minority using them to murder, is wrong or at least arguable . I used this as a most extreme example.

Villains found to be guilty by law go to jail "yes"

You make some very definitive and exacting remarks which are not uncommon but false.

To say bailiffs don't help?? Really

They maybe havnt you!! That's very surprising

Again... Boring

Not looking to justify my role.open your eyes!

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say there's plenty of people owning guns who don't kill people.

And stop people from owning them because of the minority using them to murder, is wrong or at least arguable . I used this as a most extreme example.

Villains found to be guilty by law go to jail "yes"

You make some very definitive and exacting remarks which are not uncommon but false.

To say bailiffs don't help?? Really

They maybe havnt you!! That's very surprising

Again... Boring

Not looking to justify my role.open your eyes!

Do you seriously only read other people's posts to give yourself the facility of reading your own posts back to yourself????

Read the full article. All posts.

All my posts, all others and then read yours back!!!

Some of what you write is really helpful and interesting.

And helps me have different perspective.

But a lot of it is really lame

Ah!! that better, now you are showing your true colour's and have made it very clear your resolution to the problem is simply .... ' the debtor gets it, lets turn up the heat lads'

There is another forum close by that also deals with bailiffs, pop over and seek their help I am sure they will be able to advise, they can supply you with the legislation that will allow you to sue for your rights, for a modest fee you can even get their templates and they can take instruction to draft all your documents. You will get all the advice you need over there which you won't get here and even I will get a mention so we will all be winners won't we.

Earlier today their was indeed a post on the above suggested forum that would appear to show a willingness to 'fund' the setting up of the union you would like to see in place. I understand the author sees it to be a possible 'commercial' enterprise. I no longer see the post but then again that is nothing unusual to the site in question as they do have history to disappearing posts, however it opens the door for you to make contact and discuss the possibility with the site 'management'...good luck.

Oh and I do not hate bailiffs, I do not hate anyone.

You reckon??

Some of your terminology suggests different.

You may see yourself as a fair person with open views.

However how you project yourself within some of your literature, doesn't represent that at all.

Earlier today their was indeed a post on the above suggested forum that would appear to show a willingness to 'fund' the setting up of the union you would like to see in place. I understand the author sees it to be a possible 'commercial' enterprise. I no longer see the post but then again that is nothing unusual to the site in question as they do have history to disappearing posts, however it opens the door for you to make contact and discuss the possibility with the site 'management'...good luck.

Thank you. That sounds really really good

You reckon??

Some of your terminology suggests different.

You may see yourself as a fair person with open views.

However how you project yourself within some of your literature, doesn't represent that at all.

I know :)

Look at some of my posts on here about bailiffs, I do not engage in Bailiff bashing as some do nor do I gratuitously criticize the industry, but since you are here and bring the subject up, I have to call a spade a spade so to speak. As I said one of my mos valued friends held quite a senior position in the bailiff industry.

My views are founded in observation of bailiff activity over the last 30 or so years and contact with many enforcement officers.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

You mean THAT site?

I am convinced that looking at the method of contracting, that IR35 might well apply to these bailiffs working for the mainstream companies

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Hi TS

Just reading back though your posts, reading between the lines I think I could be forgiven for thinking that what is happening there is that you are bitching about the new regulations cutting down on your opportunity to inflate your fees( is this not just a little true), if so then this what they were designed for and I am gratified to see that they are working. :}

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Hi TS

Just reading back though your posts, reading between the lines I think I could be forgiven for thinking that what is happening there is that you are bitching about the new regulations cutting down on your opportunity to inflate your fees( is this not just a little true), if so then this what they were designed for and I am gratified to see that they are working. :}

That is the least of their worries if IR35 can be found to apply to their self employment, really meaning they should be employed.

There are similarities with contracts that have been found to be subject to IR35 in other industries where self employed do similar work to employed.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

If it's deemed by HMRC that IR35 applies, don't they also have to pay any back tax that they would've paid as an employee since the time they started to work there.

That could be quite a bill, which, if you can't pay, HMRC will send in the bailiffs.

I love irony :whoo:

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

Hi TS

The fees are higher!

Edited by citizenB
edited out abuse

If it's deemed by HMRC that IR35 applies, don't they also have to pay any back tax that they would've paid as an employee since the time they started to work there.

That could be quite a bill, which, if you can't pay, HMRC will send in the bailiffs.

I love irony :whoo:

Not really as majority work as ltd companies and also work elsewhere and do other work types.

Edited by citizenB
Edited out abuse

The fees are higher!

The legitimate fees perhaps.

PS You really should cut out the abuse, you have been doing fine so far(for someone of your occupation) don't ruin it for yourself

Edited by citizenB
editing out abuse from quoted post

Righto.. I have edited out the abuse from some posts. If any more is posted then the poster will be moderated.

DB, one of your posts was edited because you quoted an abusive post.

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I think villains go to jail.

I don't construe a guy working 15 hr days away from his home and his family as a villain.

I had no choice.

I think you will find that most villains work away form home for prolonged periods :lol:

You see....

I really struggle to appreciate and make alliance with your point of view. I appreciate it to be your own but still I struggle.

Never mind

I had debt. I had bailiffs attend my property and many of my friends too. But I've never expressed, nor my friends for that matter, a total lack of respect for bailiffs. You show a hatred for All bailiffs. Which like I've said" a struggle" to understand.

I thought you said earlier that you never had debts, I do hope the bailiffs "helped you"

I've never encountered such hatred while I've been doing the job either, thankfully.

Really ?

The bailiff industry has been a good industry for a lot of people. It's helped supply a lot of jobs for unskilled people.

Now we could be getting to the route of the problem, for unskillled Should we read thick

I'm passionate about the good work we do and the good people within the industry.

Interested what good work that would be

Giving someone a gun doesn't make them a murderer.

No it just gives them the facility to easily commit murder

You are or you are NOT.

You views are so misplaced and inaccurate I feel it's definitely my place to defend all that's good about this industry. While people like yourself harbour these views and opinions so wildly, against the full industry and it's personnel,

Oh go on then

the industry does never move forward.

Why would it?

Why try to change such powerful opinion.

Indeed

I've tried for 24hrs and look at how far I've gotten with yourself personally!

Be verbal, but try to be constructive. That's my plea.

Your input doesn't help but hinders and keeps the great divide between debtor and collector.

Which is exactly what I've been trying to breach.

Funny I thought you were just bitching about your pay

You may not like the idea and feel so strongly against the idea of bailiffs. That's fine, it's a free world and your opinion is just that.

So far so good

However please don't slander good, decent folk with words used like villains etc

That's not right.

That goes beyond a sensible opinion, given in a fair and sensible discussion.

Changed your mind about freedom of opinion here i see

Thought this post merited a more comprehensive reply :roll:

Righto.. I have edited out the abuse from some posts. If any more is posted then the poster will be moderated.

DB, one of your posts was edited because you quoted an abusive post.

Not a problem, shame it was necessary really

Thought this post merited a more comprehensive reply :roll:

This has suddenly turned into a hate campaign driven by yourself and your nasty unwanted and unwarranted comments.

Stick to the topic pls

Like I said there's nasty spitefulness in all "types" of people.

I thought this was a forum where discussion were had between adults and professionals.

On that note. I hastily leave you guys to it!

Thanks for all the terrific feedback it's been great. Very helpful and I hope I've helped some of in some of what's going on.

These forums are great for that.

However you will always get the odd person spoiling what has been a great topic for conversation.

I will finish with this.

If people want openness, freedom and a better understanding of a particular topic.

And guys are prepared to share that info always respect that individual.

Don't disrespect them through a personal preference or ones own opinion.

Hold your own, have an opinion but remain appreciated of other views.

Thanks again

Typical. everyone is entitled to an opinion as long as it agrees with mine, you are probably in the right profession

Bye and take care

Typical. everyone is entitled to an opinion as long as it agrees with mine, you are probably in the right profession

Bye and take care

It ain't my posts being doctored because of inappropriate behaviour.

Manners and respect cost nothing.

You learn that at a very early age being brought up on a council estate.

And I'm proud to say I've never forgotten that.

I thought the bailiff done the bullying.

Thanks and bye

It wasn't hence the removal of it.

Sorry it was your posts which were moderated ?

Do you not remember using the abusive language ?

It ain't my posts being doctored because of inappropriate behaviour.

Manners and respect cost nothing.

You learn that at a very early age being brought up on a council estate.

And I'm proud to say I've never forgotten that.

I thought the bailiff done the bullying.

Thanks and bye

Obviously you did not learn very well

Typical bailiff when things don't go your way you spit the dummy

It seams that if anyone does not agree with you ,you have a problem as you are always right

There are plenty of bailiffs that act out of line if you think it is all good guys out there you are wrong

All the threats they come out with all the lies relying on fear and intimidation

Now people know their rights and refuse entry to your type that is what it is making things harder for your type

Open your eyes

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

Yes and to stupid to know that you just proved our point

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3583 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks