How the Bailiff gets paid?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3583 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have spoke at length with my friend who is a self employed bailiff, and for the most part he agrees with "talksense".

He is working twice as hard since the new regs in april but his money he earns is down by 25/30%.

If he gains access to a property he cant just walk away, because he says the regs say unless he takes control of goods whilst he is there, if he just walks away he can not go back in - so he has to stand his ground and push for payment, because unless he gets paid in full, he wont get a penny.

Where as under the old regs if someone owed £2000 for example and offered 1/2, this would of previously been acceptable now he is having to push for full payment which a lot of people do not have.

He gets £80 from one company and £120 from another conpany for collecting a payment. Which he says is slightly less than what he was on under the old regs

He also said an i thought this was interesting, that council tax has gone crap since about 18 months ago, because there are that many council bedroom tax accounts it takes up about 80% of his work and it is vertually uncollectable, but the councils have got it in their head these people still have assets to remove but in reality they very rarely do. and they are expected to do 2 visits on each address before getting more work.

Looks like the councils are in La La Land as usual, the bailiff could clear the house and even if they took all the exempt goods would probably get less than £400 for the lot.I due to low value of goods sold at a distress sale, not enough to clear the fees let alone any debt.

Council tax is iniquitous as it takes no account of ability to pay, it is like charging Income Tax at 75% across the board, those on minimum wage would have nothing left to live on after paying bills but the high earners may still cope

Is it therefore time to put us out of their misery and do what Lord Denning wanted and abolish the bailiff? and use a system of affordable attachment, the existing AOE is too harsh in the present economic climate.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This in part is true.

And I agree In part.

But they will always be the need for bailiffs.

And the reality is their will always be debt.

It's how you collect the debt!

This is the problem. And has been for a long time.

I work this role because I offer something different to this industry. At the risk of repeating my other posts, I certainly am not your stereotype bailiff. And offer understanding and a fairness which I fully believe should be the correct way.

Me and my bills have no reflection on me or my opinion of debt.

I have a mortgage /debt.

I lease a car /debt.

But I do everything I can in my power to pay what I owe.

There's been times when I've been found wanting.

There's been times when close family members have also needed my assistance to help pay bills.

I am not from a privileged background and work hard like everybody else. However we all have good times and bad.

But when times are bad you need good honest and decent people around you to help. This person can be in the form of a bailiff, why not??

Who says different??

You've had bad experiences with bailiffs and for that I apologies on their behalf.

I've had bad experiences with police, women, dogs, postmen, milkmen, friends and family.

But it's all police,dogs,postmen,milkmen, friends or family

It's the minority.

Notice how I leave women from the list :) joke

You would have a completely different opinion of bailiffs if your dealings had been with me.

Granted 100%

A full explanation of the problems incurred to the debtor you'll find on my other posts.

You make some great points.

But don't run the risk of becoming one of those

"We hate all bailiff people" because most are good guys.

Don't tarnish all people with the same brush on the back of some bad experience. That I don't agree with in any job title, race or religion. Everyone deserves their own respect.

And bailiffs are no different.

Yes I am sure that from your individual perspective you are sincere in what you say. Personally I have been working in the debt advisory sector although as a voluntary capacity for many years and also with the aforementioned Rev Nicholson, also I have an ex HCEO who i value as a friend, so I am not saying this applies to all bailiffs, however sadly IMO it does to the majority.

I have heard the argument that there will always be bailiffs, and you may be right, however to me this is like saying there will always be cancer or some other disease, just because currently we cannot find any to eradicate it does not mean that we have to accept the situation.

A situation where a debt is refereed to the bailiff because an AOE for instance cannot be used as it would take the debtors income below the level required for him and his family to live under European law is not acceptable in a civilized society, I cannot see how anyone can say otherwise.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

A situation where a debt is refereed to the bailiff because an AOE for instance cannot be used as it would take the debtors income below the level required for him and his family to live under European law is not acceptable in a civilized society, I cannot see how anyone can say otherwise.

That will be the next challenge, as that clearly illustrates in a case of low income Enforcement and Taking Control of Goods may be a clear breach of European Convention Articles, as the income precludes AOE, therefore they must seize and sell debtor's possessions because they are not earning enough or not on a correct benefit.that can be attached to. a clear breach of equal treatment, because, many in that situation may be ill or disabled

The new benefit changes actually do take a family including working familiesbelow the applicable amount in many cases these days..

Looking at the information provided by Talk sense, the Enforcement companies are as ethical as the other multi nationals (not) with the directors creaming the cash and the footsoldiers paid a pittance, and can sack themselves if they get fed up of it, a bit like Moorcrap and Snotcall door knockers do.

It is a far cry from the likes of Julie Green-Jones isn't it.? It won't be long before bailiffs are calling on bailiffs to enforce debt. At least the leased Berlingo is out of reach though.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

"The whole point of this post was to point out the detrimental effect this will incur on debtors across the country."

You are telling us a bailiffs opening gambit will be cash on demand only? and their reason for refusing any offer of part payments or enter into into a payment plan is because it isn't viable to them? You predict it will become the norm for bailiffs to get heavy with debtors and remove anything that will fetch the full debt at auction? with all of this being contrary to legislation that gives clear guidance to the way the EA should carry out his duties?

Should it be the case the debtor is not intimidated by a bailiff and has nothing of value for them to take........ what will be the bailiffs next move? Your beef is with your industry and not the debtor, what you expected from posting on here is still not clear and I doubt it has served any purpose.

Isn't this my whole point????

I guess my time has been wasted.

Yes I am sure that from your individual perspective you are sincere in what you say. Personally I have been working in the debt advisory sector although as a voluntary capacity for many years and also with the aforementioned Rev Nicholson, also I have an ex HCEO who i value as a friend, so I am not saying this applies to all bailiffs, however sadly IMO it does to the majority.

I have heard the argument that there will always be bailiffs, and you may be right, however to me this is like saying there will always be cancer or some other disease, just because currently we cannot find any to eradicate it does not mean that we have to accept the situation.

Agreed

However to use cancer as an example to bailiffs is a clear example of your thoughts about bailiffs in general and the role they play.

And while shallow minded people exist things won't change.

You speak about European law and a civilised society?

Arnt prisons used to reform and release prisoners?

But bailiffs can't be reformed?? Seriously??

Are you for real?

"Eradicate" and "accept" words used by yourself to describe bailiffs/agents??

Not reform or change but eradicate?

But we reform criminals and again set them free.

Is your idea or a civilised society?

But not to offer any help and simply eradicate.

Let's just kill all law breakers.

What's the point in prison. Yeah great idea!

Your personal perception of bailiffs which will obviously take some changing.

That will be the next challenge, as that clearly illustrates in a case of low income Enforcement and Taking Control of Goods may be a clear breach of European Convention Articles, as the income precludes AOE, therefore they must seize and sell debtor's possessions because they are not earning enough or not on a correct benefit.that can be attached to. a clear breach of equal treatment, because, many in that situation may be ill or disabled

The new benefit changes actually do take a family including working familiesbelow the applicable amount in many cases these days..

Looking at the information provided by Talk sense, the Enforcement companies are as ethical as the other multi nationals (not) with the directors creaming the cash and the footsoldiers paid a pittance, and can sack themselves if they get fed up of it, a bit like Moorcrap and Snotcall door knockers do.

It is a far cry from the likes of Julie Green-Jones isn't it.? It won't be long before bailiffs are calling on bailiffs to enforce debt. At least the leased Berlingo is out of reach though.

Here here

Sorry but I am going to have to bow out of this debate as I already late for work.

Talk Sense.

Could you please as simply as possible explain WHAT it is that you are complaining about. For instances are your concerns that:

The new regs have stopped you accepting LESS than the full amount when you visit?

That the 'pro rata' split is not working for BAILIFFS because the employer is paying commission only when the account is paid in full?

That the protection for exempt goods is making 'removing goods' less attractive?

That more debtors cannot pay and that you are having to make more call etc?

Last point......from all that I have read you seem to dislike having just ONE enforcement fee (of £235) and this is making the job difficult as you do not get paid to make a 2nd visit. Is this the case?

PS: I am not around for the rest of the day but will join the debate later on if it is still ongoing.

Talk sense, whilst we may rather there were no bailiffs, there will be for the forseeable future, you have illustrated just how much the Enforcement industry has adopted the business and staffing model of mainstream, low pay boosted by commission, take it or leave it, there are plenty of others down the JokeCentre (tn) who will have your job.

Apart from the extra albeit limited powers a bailiff has, you all are now no different regarding the pay structure to the Capita goon calling for TV License, who has to stitch someone up at the door to gain a conviction to get commission. They have due to the pay structure resorted to perverting the course of justice by falsifying interviews and gaining prosecutions against people who don't even own a TV.

You have indicated where the system is broken, so now it is up to yourselves to show the public that you do your job correctly with compassion and take fair account of Vulnerable Situations., and that you do have a grievance with the employers that is detrimental to debtors and yourself.

Time for you to be paid a reasonable salary, with a van provided.

One thing springs to mind, if other bailiffs such as County Court are Employed on salary, HMRC could well investigate the Enforcement Cartel, Marston Group, Bristols & Stupor etc regarding the way you are engaged as it may mean that in the opinion of HMRC you should be "Cards In" so to speak employed as IR 35 may well apply to your situation, and that would be the final blow to you all. looking at your pay and the nature of the contract I think there is a 60 - 75% chance IR35 might apply. The Companies would like that not a lot!

Edited by brassnecked
typos, and trying to play devils advocate by tweaking

I guess my time has been wasted.

Oh, I wouldn't go that far. I dare say some have found your posts interesting and enlightening. Others I'd imagine, have been wetting themselves with laughter at your expense.

It would appear to be a beautiful irony for a bailiff to come to a site like this to tell us what a hard time they're having since the new regulations came into force. Speaking as a debtor who's in the process of trying to get it sorted out...

WELCOME TO MY WORLD!

Don't get me wrong, as I said before, I get the impression that you're one of the better ones (bailiffs), but unfortunately for you, your chosen industry is filled to capacity with thugs, bullies & liars, who seemingly like nothing more than doing whatever they can to destroy the lives of those who can't pay their debts. Not those that won't pay, they, in the most part, deserve to reap what they sow, but those that can't pay. There's a world of difference between the two.

Can't pay, well, we'll take everything you own, including your clapped out old banger so that you can't get to your minimum wage job and therefore won't be able to pay your debt anyway. Where's the logic in that?

I don't think you've wasted your time in coming here to tell us what it's like from your side of the fence, but I do think that you've wasted your time if you've come here looking for any kind of sympathy.

Edited by DragonFly1967
  • Confused 1

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

Agreed

However to use cancer as an example to bailiffs is a clear example of your thoughts about bailiffs in general and the role they play.

And while shallow minded people exist things won't change.

You speak about European law and a civilised society?

Arnt prisons used to reform and release prisoners?

But bailiffs can't be reformed?? Seriously??

Are you for real?

"Eradicate" and "accept" words used by yourself to describe bailiffs/agents??

Not reform or change but eradicate?

But we reform criminals and again set them free.

Is your idea or a civilised society?

But not to offer any help and simply eradicate.

Let's just kill all law breakers.

What's the point in prison. Yeah great idea!

Your personal perception of bailiffs which will obviously take some changing.

Yes the veneer of reasonable behavior is wearing thin now I think. My perception of bailiff behavior is based on experience of many years , but no need to believe me just have a wander around this forum.

I see no benefit to society in having an industry which, for its income depends on the debt misery of others. You deserve no compassion or regard from us, personally I will save that for the people you pursue.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Talk sense you originally said I think that there was no point in EAs entering into a staged payment agreement because bailiff companies don't pay their bailiffs until the whole debt is cleared-and that can take ages. Then you seemed to suggest that it was the bailiff company who insisted that you couldn't take staged payments. And that as a result

you were being forced to go for the full amount as the company policy was not accept anything other than the full amount. Hence the extra pressure that will be put upon debtors by bailiffs.

If the latter is the case, then that is very serious and flies in the face of the new legislation.

I would be interested to see Tomtubbys take on that.

Exactly

Sorry but I am going to have to bow out of this debate as I already late for work.

Talk Sense.

Could you please as simply as possible explain WHAT it is that you are complaining about. For instances are your concerns that:

The new regs have stopped you accepting LESS than the full amount when you visit?

That the 'pro rata' split is not working for BAILIFFS because the employer is paying commission only when the account is paid in full?

That the protection for exempt goods is making 'removing goods' less attractive?

That more debtors cannot pay and that you are having to make more call etc?

Last point......from all that I have read you seem to dislike having just ONE enforcement fee (of £235) and this is making the job difficult as you do not get paid to make a 2nd visit. Is this the case?

PS: I am not around for the rest of the day but will join the debate later on if it is still ongoing.

Agree with all but the last enforcement fee statement

WE agree with the 1 fee.

But this stops bailiff companies paying part payment.

As they then say who will go do the job second time around at a lower rate? Or for free? If the arrangement breaks.

I'd do it!!

Pay me for the job. 1st.

I plumed in a sink and got paid but later it leaked, I'd go back and fix it for free. You wouldn't charge!

What's the difference ???

Bailiff companies wanting the full piece of the pie that's the difference.

Greed!

Thanks for clearing that up, looks like the gaffers are creaming it off at source and making you wait for your pittance cut, it is like XYZ carriers only allowing you to invoice your delivery manifests quarterly, so you have to buy diesel and pay van lease, insurances and live for 12 weeks between pay days effectively. It smacks of how a Betterware agent is paid.

Why do bailiffs do it? Perhaps you should all walk out. for a day like Mark Serwotka's PCS

Yes the veneer of reasonable behavior is wearing thin now I think. My perception of bailiff behavior is based on experience of many years , but no need to believe me just have a wander around this forum.

I see no benefit to society in having an industry which, for its income depends on the debt misery of others. You deserve no compassion or regard from us, personally I will save that for the people you pursue.

I don't ask for your compassion.

All I ask is that you take some of your own good advice and read back through these posts on this forum.

I'm not begin your acceptance for me being a good person.

I've family and friends for that.

Good genuine people who would run through brick walls for me.

That's testimony enough of my character.

Your option is your own and you are rightly entitled to it.

Not all debt has been born from lack of resources to pay.

And this comes from over 10 yrs experience directly involved within this field, fact.

Not all bailiffs are bad and I'd go as far as saying the large majority are very good, fact.

You obviously have a strong of bailiffs. It's a real shame that even after 24hrs of posts explaining you still don't get it.

But I still won't stop trying because there's thousands of people like you. But everyone can change.

If I can change

And you can change

We all can change

Rocky Balboa

Rocky 4

Re post#115 then the Gaffers must change or they might end up in court when one of the bad bailiffs enforces hard against a Vulnerable Debtor who has just come out of hospital after a heart attack and open heart surgery, they ignore the documented proof provided and the debtor drops dead on the doorstep in front of the bailiff. Marstons were very lucky they had minimal fall out from the Accrington incident.

I don't ask for your compassion.

All I ask is that you take some of your own good advice and read back through these posts on this forum.

I'm not begin your acceptance for me being a good person.

I've family and friends for that.

Good genuine people who would run through brick walls for me.

That's testimony enough of my character.

Your option is your own and you are rightly entitled to it.

Not all debt has been born from lack of resources to pay.

And this comes from over 10 yrs experience directly involved within this field, fact.

Not all bailiffs are bad and I'd go as far as saying the large majority are very good, fact.

You obviously have a strong of bailiffs. It's a real shame that even after 24hrs of posts explaining you still don't get it.

But I still won't stop trying because there's thousands of people like you. But everyone can change.

If I can change

And you can change

We all can change

Rocky Balboa

Rocky 4

Only ten years , i have underwear older than that :) I am not alone in hy beliefs there are many eminent people who share it some mentioned earlier in this thread, I can give you a list if you like.

My comments are based on the validity of the industry as a whole, although I will repeat that you choose to work in this field, no one had your arm up your back I presume. As said it does tend to attract a particular "type".

The bailiff system is a dinosaur and will I am sure not be with us in the long term, there are systems in place to prevent people form continually abusing the use of credit, and the new age of information technology makes it clear who can and cannot actually afford to live, and what funds they have available, so there is less opportunity for institutions like this to attempt to coerce.

As regards the fee arrangements and the payment of your wages , I am afraid you will have to approach your employers and see why they are not passing them on to you, in my experience it is not unusual for concerns of this nature to squabble over the spoils, par for the course.

Oh, I wouldn't go that far. I dare say some have found your posts interesting and enlightening. Others I'd imagine, have been wetting themselves with laughter at your expense.

It would appear to be a beautiful irony for a bailiff to come to a site like this to tell us what a hard time they're having since the new regulations came into force. Speaking as a debtor who's in the process of trying to get it sorted out...

WELCOME TO MY WORLD!

Don't get me wrong, as I said before, I get the impression that you're one of the better ones (bailiffs), but unfortunately for you, your chosen industry is filled to capacity with thugs, bullies & liars, who seemingly like nothing more than doing whatever they can to destroy the lives of those who can't pay their debts. Not those that won't pay, they, in the most part, deserve to reap what they sow, but those that can't pay. There's a world of difference between the two.

Can't pay, well, we'll take everything you own, including your clapped out old banger so that you can't get to your minimum wage job and therefore won't be able to pay your debt anyway. Where's the logic in that?

I don't think you've wasted your time in coming here to tell us what it's like from your side of the fence, but I do think that you've wasted your time if you've come here looking for any kind of sympathy.

I have definitely wasted my time if you as a debtor believe I'm posting for me/bailiffs only, and you are unable to see the point I raise.

I'll get sympathy from family and friends when I'm dead and gone.

An understanding is what's required.

I understand your dilemma as somebody struggling to pay bills. I've lobbied for change since I started this job, for a more pragmatic method of collection.

But it's seems to me that this is a misplaced

Effort on my part if the very people I'm fighting for don't see or even appreciate the efforts I'm making for others.

If people wish to laugh at my expense then who's decent?

And fair?

The bailiff who for 10 yrs has tried to remedy this aged long problem for debtors?

Or the thousand of anti collection/bailiffs/recovery people out there??

Well I'll practice what I preach and say this"

Not all bailiffs are bad"

And for the debtors who arnt willing for change and assistance, there's people who are.

Only ten years , i have underwear older than that :) I am not alone in hy beliefs there are many eminent people who share it some mentioned earlier in this thread, I can give you a list if you like.

My comments are based on the validity of the industry as a whole, although I will repeat that you choose to work in this field, no one had your arm up your back I presume. As said it does tend to attract a particular "type".

The bailiff system is a dinosaur and will I am sure not be with us in the long term, there are systems in place to prevent people form continually abusing the use of credit, and the new age of information technology makes it clear who can and cannot actually afford to live, and what funds they have available, so there is less opportunity for institutions like this to attempt to coerce.

As regards the fee arrangements and the payment of your wages , I am afraid you will have to approach your employers and see why they are not passing them on to you, in my experience it is not unusual for concerns of this nature to squabble over the spoils, par for the course.

I thought it was only part of what you spoke "stunk" and not your old underpants lol sorry...... Opportunists will be just that!

I'm a "type" alright.

And so are most.

Good lads and lasses brought up no different to the majority of people they visit, "in general"

Not privileged in any way shape or form.

It's opinions like your own that are prehistoric and will only help prevent a change for the better.

I thought it was only part of what you spoke "stunk" and not your old underpants lol sorry...... Opportunists will be just that!

I'm a "type" alright.

And so are most.

Good lads and lasses brought up no different to the majority of people they visit, "in general"

Not privileged in any way shape or form.

It's opinions like your own that are prehistoric and will only help prevent a change for the better.

I think we are all defined by what we chose to do.

As regard changing for the better I think most thinking people would regard this as being the consignment of the bailiff system to the history books.

I think we are all defined by what we chose to do.

As regard changing for the better I think most thinking people would regard this as being the consignment of the bailiff system to the history books.

I'd disagree,

I think we are defined by what we have to do.

To claim that people are a certain "type" because of a job role? I hope your prehistoric attitude in general, is one for the history books, that's for sure.

I was losing losing my home.

Had 2 children and a wife.

No qualifications.

Had worked all my life in factory's since leaving school.

I was in a terrible state.

Now define me.

Looking to help people who are in a very similar position to what I was then.

And being stereotyped by a dinosaur.

Sometimes thinking people think and speak too much!

And make assumptions to support a theory built in practice by other people's none educated opinions.

I'd disagree,

I think we are defined by what we have to do.

To claim that people are a certain "type" because of a job role? I hope your prehistoric attitude in general, is one for the history books, that's for sure.

I was losing losing my home.

Had 2 children and a wife.

No qualifications.

Had worked all my life in factory's since leaving school.

I was in a terrible state.

Now define me.

Looking to help people who are in a very similar position to what I was then.

And being stereotyped by a dinosaur.

Sometimes thinking people think and speak too much!

And make assumptions to support a theory built in practice by other people's none educated opinions.

That makes no sense with respect.

We cannot be held responsible for things beyond our control but there are always choices, are you seriously saying that your only option was to become a bailiff.

People can chose to good works or they can choose to be villains, this is what defines us, do you not think.

That makes no sense with respect.

We cannot be held responsible for things beyond our control but there are always choices, are you seriously saying that your only option was to become a bailiff.

People can chose to good works or they can choose to be villains, this is what defines us, do you not think.

I think villains go to jail.

I don't construe a guy working 15 hr days away from his home and his family as a villain.

I had no choice.

You see....

I really struggle to appreciate and make alliance with your point of view. I appreciate it to be your own but still I struggle.

I had debt. I had bailiffs attend my property and many of my friends too. But I've never expressed, nor my friends for that matter, a total lack of respect for bailiffs. You show a hatred for All bailiffs. Which like I've said" a struggle" to understand.

I've never encountered such hatred while I've been doing the job either, thankfully.

The bailiff industry has been a good industry for a lot of people. It's helped supply a lot of jobs for unskilled people.

It's an honourable profession irrespective of your views, this is now my opinion.

I've made a lot of good friends and helped give my family a good life through the bailiff industry.

I'm passionate about the good work we do and the good people within the industry.

I've made my money legally and legitimately by being an approachable decent guy.

Giving someone a gun doesn't make them a murderer.

You are or you are NOT.

You views are so misplaced and inaccurate I feel it's definitely my place to defend all that's good about this industry. While people like yourself harbour these views and opinions so wildly, against the full industry and it's personnel,

the industry does never move forward.

Why would it?

Why try to change such powerful opinion.

I've tried for 24hrs and look at how far I've gotten with yourself personally!

Be verbal, but try to be constructive. That's my plea.

Your input doesn't help but hinders and keeps the great divide between debtor and collector.

Which is exactly what I've been trying to breach.

You may not like the idea and feel so strongly against the idea of bailiffs. That's fine, it's a free world and your opinion is just that.

However please don't slander good, decent folk with words used like villains etc

That's not right.

That goes beyond a sensible opinion, given in a fair and sensible discussion.

Agree with all but the last enforcement fee statement

WE agree with the 1 fee.

But this stops bailiff companies paying part payment.

As they then say who will go do the job second time around at a lower rate? Or for free? If the arrangement breaks.

I'd do it!!

Pay me for the job. 1st.

Bailiff companies wanting the full piece of the pie that's the difference.

Greed!

But bailiffs have historically called more than twice [for CT arrears] and they wouldn't have been paid for those visits [i had one company have their bailiffs call round at least 6 times and still got nothing. They have stopped recently- probably because the warrant expired about 3 years ago.]

Not only that but under the old system you wouldn't have got all of the 2nd visit £18 would you? And as you say, if you were chasing a £2000 debt for example any bailiff would go

back if they thought they had a chance of getting it.

I suppose this is partly a problem with the new legislation. They have put all the eggs into the one basket [£235] and not taken into consideration that bailiffs may have to call

back perhaps for a variety of reasons. However you would have thought that the bailiff companies would take that into account and when staged payments are made, that the

bailiff is paid a lesser amount of commission each time a payment is made to take into account follow up visits and then pay the total amount held back once the whole amount

is recovered.

Difficult to know where to start really. Noting wrong with having a god work ethic or wanting to provide for you family that is a given, not sure what it has to do with your choice of profession, unless you are saying that it was the only option open to you ?

Do you seek to justify it by saying it was ?

Then you say it is a noble profession , so why do you seek to justify it.

Bailiffs companies are not about collecting debts to assist debtors, this is something that you would have us believe, but it is not the case, the bailiff industry, is just that it is a business, it is about the creation of revenue form the collection of debts.

"

I do not slander anyone, I say the industry is morally bankrupt, in that it relies on others misfortune in order to make money, bailiffs do not "help people", never happens.

Other points, "all villains go to jail" really ?

"Giving someone gun and it does not make them a murdered", bit vague, and not sure of the contest, but I would say that it is difficult to shoot someone with out one.

As for being constructive , I think I am, the constructive thing to do would be to scrap the whole industry and start addressing the idea of why people find they are getting into debt in the first place.

Oh and I do not hate bailiffs, I do not hate anyone.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3583 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks