Advice re bailiff collecting for a council parking ticket

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3617 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

can someone clarify for me

I filed an out time/extension formsTe7 and Te9 to sort a parking fine I had no knowledge about until bailiffs contacted me.

A bailiff came around and left a walking possession on my work van ,sign written ( he has even stated this on form).

I rang him and to let him that know that I have sent the forms to the council

and to ask him about seizing my van as I had a look around on the web and it seems a work van is exempt.

He very vocally, I might add told me to get my facts right

and he had every right to as the law had changed

and put he phone down on me!!

Can someone let me know who's right.

Hi

can someone clarify for me

I filed an out time/extension formsTe7 and Te9 to sort a parking fine I had no knowledge about until bailiffs contacted me.

A bailiff came around and left a walking possession on my work van ,sign written ( he has even stated this on form).

I rang him and to let him that know that I have sent the forms to the council

and to ask him about seizing my van as I had a look around on the web and it seems a work van is exempt.

He very vocally, I might add told me to get my facts right

and he had every right to as the law had changed

and put he phone down on me!!

Can someone let me know who's right.

Ps the van is not on finance and owed by me personally. It's value is approx £1500 I mention. This as the bailiff mentioned something about the value of the van in regards to the fee they are attempting to collect

I think you should have sent the forms to the TEC at Northampton.

Prior to the bailiff coming round you should have received several letters from the Council plus a summons to Court followed by a letter from the bailiff company advising you

of the PCN plus fees and charges and you had 7 days to contact the bailiff to arrange payment or a bailiff would come round and add an extra £235 to the bill. Did you not

receive any of them? If not have you recently moved address and perhaps not informed DVLA of your new address?

Has this happened recently as there is now no such thing as a walking possession?

The bailiff or Enforcement Agent as they are now called is able under the new legislation to take control of tools of the trade that are valued over £1350. It is therefore

questionable if he can take control of your vehicle since such a small amount is involved over the £1350 and I doubt that the vehicle would get anywhere close to that figure if it were to be sold at auction.

Thanks for reply.

Yes I have sent all forms to Tec.

The first I knew about any of this is when I found a seize letter in post box.

I was told after ringing TEC that no enforcement would continue once my application had gone in.

I had received conformation from TEC that they have received my paperwork but the bailiff still decided to call back.

I tried to have a civil conversation over the phone with him,

I don't know what charm school he went to !!

I know they must see conflict all the time but wow he certainly got out of the worn side of bed.

I shall know wait to see what comes back from the TEC

thanks for advice.

Sending them off to the TEC is just a temporary measure and no guarantee that the Council will accept your reason. Whichever way the decision goes come back to us if you

need more help.

Bailiffs don't do charm but with any luck you might be able to get him off your back without having to pay his fees. That is when you ring him up and tell him to get his facts right.

Meantime, why don't you phone the council and check what address they have been writing to. They will have mailed out at least three documents before now - if the address is wrong, you need to get it sorted out to prevent this happening again in future.