Job Centres without Job Points!

Flickyhecky
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3635 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Went to my local Job Centre today only to find out that they have removed the Job Points, and out of the 7 phones they had, only 1 was left, their excuse...all the jobs on the Job Points can be found on Universal Jobmatch, and we should be helping ourselves by using OUR own phones!

I've hated being unemployed for ages now, but this just smacks of being heartless! Job Centres are supposed to help us get back into work, but in my eyes, this whole UJ system is only in place to catch us out and sanction us!

The sooner i'm off this nightmare roundabout...the better!

Premium lines to call DWP although the money we get is supposed to be for us to live on not make expensive phone calls.

UJM is a pointless tool that should be scrapped - I wouldn't even bother using it but if you do MAKE SURE you untick the box allowing access

The whole system is a mess, the govt know it, we know it and many others know it - unfortunately like me and many others you are not there to be supported, you are a number and a drain on resources even if you are not there of you own doing.

I keep saying to people, DO NOT go to the JCP or WP provider thinking they genuinely care - they DO NOT, you are a number. I wish you well, many of us are in the same boat

The idea they have is that the money paid isn't for living on as opposed to primarily anything to aid job seeking, I'd bet many would rather you starve just so you can keep your mobile in credit or the bet on so you can use UJM

Job Centre's without job points and no phones. I've said this before here and elsewhere. JC+ will be no more within a decade. It'll be outsourced with the front runners being Serco, G4s and Capita. Whilst the service will get measurably worse for jobseekers, between 1/3 and 1/2 of JP+ staff will be made redundant in the name of 'efficiency'. That's when their union will take industrial action. But by then it'll be far too late. It's also when I'll say ''I told you so". Are we seeing the first signs?

This government has never hidden the fact that it wants to simplify the benefits system, hence Universal Credit, and automate it, hence UJM. Not sure when this dawned on your good self, or whether it came to you in a vision, but some of us have been fighting it for years, lives are being lost in the struggle to prevent your premonition becoming a reality.

One of the reasons why the whole thing is faltering and not on schedule is because the UJM system isn’t fit for purpose. It isn’t fit for purpose because some of us resist using it and put as many obstacles as we can in its way.

Some of our class are letting others down, it has ever been thus. Not quite scabs but not far off. I can’t understand why claimants use UJM at all while there is a choice and no compulsion to do so. Not only are they making a rod for their own back but they make the battle harder for those of us who refuse to use it.

1.09 Million on JSA. Over 800,000 sanctioned last year alone. Only 1 in 50 appealing against the sanction. Where is the other 49? Just think of the message we could send if about a million of us were hanging round the tribunal courts every day demanding to be heard.

The unions you speak of will never do a thing out of compassion for the likes of us. They do make noises, and they will likely make more noises in the future but that will be because they are feart of losing their own cushy jobs and lucrative civil service pensions.

I hope the day never dawns when you can say “I told you so” because on that day the best of us will not be there to hear you.

There was a time when I would visit the job centre just to read the jobs displayed on cards up on the wall. Ha I even used to remove the out of date jobs and hand them over to the staff there.

That was the good old days.

I have never used these job points but I would think that people could and would just wander in to have a look at jobs but now they remove these?

Not everyone has internet so how the hell do these people look for jobs?

A job centre with NO jobs? It dont make sense. What is this country coming to? I dunno

So the thinking behind this is that removing the advertisment of jobs at job centres will get more people into work lol

Have you noticed also how fewer and fewer of the jobs that are advertised on websites have a contact address? You have to register with an agency then press the buttons they tell you to press in order to apply. This involves giving your personal details to another poxy agency who then flogs it to some other shower of spivs.

I have to be honest but I dont use ujm or job sites as Im in support group.

I was just having a chuckle at my memories of turning up at the job centre to sign on and being met by half a dozen of the local boys standing outside drinking cans of super lol.

Sign on, no questions asked, get giro, rush to post office and get the cash.