Wrong driver signed speeding summons

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3601 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Can anyone shed some light on this please.my sister stupidly signed a speeding summons which said she was driving her boyfriends car at the time.the bugger duped her and now shes faced with losing her licence for sure in court.can she change her plea as ive now pointed out that the date in question she was in a cast with her ankle pinned!!!so its clearly obvious she wasn't driving at the time!!any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanx in advance.

I think you have answered yourself. Take the proof to the police station and say she was duped into signing something by her boyfriend. Did she read it before signing, why would she, they trusted each other so there would be no need to question his integrity.

Hi all,

Can anyone shed some light on this please.my sister stupidly signed a speeding summons which said she was driving her boyfriends car at the time.the bugger duped her and now shes faced with losing her licence for sure in court.can she change her plea as ive now pointed out that the date in question she was in a cast with her ankle pinned!!!so its clearly obvious she wasn't driving at the time!!any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanx in advance.

She is facing a "cleft stick"

If she admits to falsely signing the document identifying her as the driver she may escape the speeding prosecution, but then she'll have to give reasons why she is not guilty of perverting the course of justice (/intending / attempting to pervert the course of justice) a la Chris Huhne / Vicky Pryce.

I suggest as she could be "damned either way", she ought to be seeking advice from a solicitor with expertise in 'criminal' practice to avoid getting herself "deeper in the mire".

I think you have answered yourself. Take the proof to the police station and say she was duped into signing something by her boyfriend. Did she read it before signing, why would she, they trusted each other so there would be no need to question his integrity.

She would need to persuade them that she would sign pretty much anything without reading what she was signing ; that might stretch credence.

Was it clear it was a summons / notice to Keeper to identify a driver? Did it have any warning statements on it that anyone signing should have read?

If there were such statements did she read them, or if not - why not?.