Coop

Laura Cooke
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6318 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

She may be entitled to a repair or replacement if you can prove that the frame snapping is from a manufactering fault, and not accidental damage or misue. (i.e you putting to much force on it and it breaks).

Your first step will be to contact the company you brought it from, to see if they can offer anything

Ex-Retail Manager who is happy to offer helpful advise in many consumer problems based on my retail experience. Any advise I do offer is my opinion and how I understand the law.

Not sure on rules about purchases but my daughter-in-law had a twin puschair in July 2005 from the Co-Op it as snapped on the frame can she do anything? or is long past this?:rolleyes:

Under the sale of goods act goods must be "merchantable quality" and "durable". These are part of your "statuatory rights", irrespective of any guarantee offered.

The interpretation of these depends on the type and cost of the goods, amongst other things.

I assume that the guarantee is one year? The question is basically this: For what was paid for the pushchair, would you expext it to last longer than 15 months?

As an example, imaging a common household item, like a kettle. Now, you can pay anything from £5 to £50 for a kettle. Now, while a £5 kettle may only last a year, it would be reasonable for a £50 kettle to last longer, irrespective of the guarantee.

I hope this helps.

Jeremy

Jeremy

Computer Problems? Give me a shout...

Hi Laura,

The most important thing to remember is that the contract of sale is between you and the co-op, so make sure they don't try and refer you to the manufacturer.

Also, you may find it helpful to write to head office if you don't get any joy at the store. I am sure that a lot of shop staff are not aware of customers statutory rights.

Jeremy

Jeremy

Jeremy

I emailed them last night put all the bits in about statutory rights etc and had a reply this morning to say they are looking into it will keep you posted much obliged for the help and advice

Pleasure Laura. Good Luck!

Jeremy

Jeremy

• 2 weeks later...

Not had chance to reply to anything hubbie rushed in hospital Thursday, Coop have asked her to get the twin puschair back to them for inspection they say they are under no obligation to do anything if they don`t want to, now they have to see how to get the puschair there as they have no transport and I`m not around to help at moment

• 2 months later...

No joy with this cannot fit the twin pushchair into my car to take it back to heavy to carry about by bus so looks as if Coop have won this one, and annoying thing is one grandchild is having to walk everywhere as only afforded one cheap replacement buggy

They would be within their rights to ask to examine the product to ensure that it is a manufacturing fault I'm afraid. All you can do is explain the circumstances and ask if they would be prepared to send someone out to look at it. How far away is the shop where you bought it from your home?

Please note I'm not insured in this capacity, so if you need to, do get official legal advice.