Employer won't send SSP1 form

Lebleuet
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3648 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

My partner is receiving ESA and I'm on his joint claim. I work since the 1. March for 14hours/week and earn less than 100 pound/week.

I'm off sick since the 6th March and have a sick note from the 7th March to end of this month, probably extending. Problem is, that our benefits were reduced because of my wages I didn't receive.

I called my manager on the 25th April, because I didn't receive my wages and he replied that I'm not eligible for SSP. I asked him about the SSP1 form and "he will contact the headoffice".

A week later without form I called again, the assistant manager said the same "I will speak to the manager and he will contact headoffice".

I didn't want to wait another week, so I printed the SSP1 form the same day and included an envelope with a stamp and a note to fill it out as soon as possible.

Unfortunately I still don't receive the form and the manager is always "not available".

I found on the Citizen Advice site "If your employer refuses to give you form SSP1, you should apply in writing for a decision to your local national insurance contributions office and claim ESA" But could you tell me what the local national insurance contributions office is? Do you have any experience how long does it take?

Or is there any other way to claim ESA without the SSP1 from my employer? We are missing 80pound/week since April and it's really hard to get on.

Thank you very much!!

Kind regards,

Stefanie

Yes, as Conniff says, completing an SSP1 form for you is not optional. The "NI Contributions Office" referred to is an HMRC office, and you'd be quite within your rights to complain to HMRC if your employer refuses to either pay you SSP or complete form SSP1 to explain why you're not entitled.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Thank you very much for your answers!

I will try to contact the head office (it's a fast food restaurant) first and if nothing happened within the week, I will contact HMRC.