Do I have a racial discrimination case?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3645 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Until recently, I worked for a company in Scotland, where I was the only English person in the office.

At the end of my trial period, I was dismissed.

The reason given was that I asked colleagues too many questions. This came as quite a shock, as:

A. I had been told my my boss's boss the week previously that I had passed my probationary period (something my boss denied during the probationary meeting).

B. I had achieved all of the performance targets that I'd been set.

C. I was asking fewer and fewer questions each week, as my skill and knowledge level grew. Moreover, I'd be surprised if more than 5% of my day was spent receiving training from colleagues.

I now wonder whether I was let go for being English (even though the only behavior that could be described as anti-English was when the MD made a few jokes about the English).

Might I have a case?

Thanks

Hi Ferru123

Welcome to CAG

If you think that you have been discriminated against, it is going to be difficult to prove, ask them questions to get the information you will need to make a decision, a starting point is to send your former employer a RR65 Questionnaire, I doubt they will be too thrilled to receive it.

RR65 questionnaire - Equality and Human Rights ...

There are guides as to how to make the best use of the questionnaire, just Google.

You can get help from :- http://www.cas.org.uk/