• Tweets

• Your not understanding the probelm.   The problem is when i write the old name of evri (which is hermés without the accent) this forum auto changes it to evri which means the email address the OP ends up using is wrong.    
    • Wow, £1,650 for 3 years warranty, their cost would be in the region of £200 per year, im being generous there and that would include breakdown cover etc. Insurance backed warranties aren't as bad as people often state. The problem is lack of understanding what is covered and customers often thinking (or being told) they 'cover everything'.   To be fair i doubt the retailer would have been aware of the water ingress beforehand. Its fairly common on used cars and on some models im surprised if they dont have a leak in the usual place. That would be why the previous owner got out of that particular car i imagine. The ingress doesnt usually cause any post repair issues, i've never had a vehicle come back with secondry problems but i'm sure it happens. If its an Aygo they dry out within a couple of days, if its a BMW with underfloor speakers and control modules thats where the fear sets in. The sales assistant made their commision that day for sure........
    • I didn't think email addresses worried about upper case or lower case or accents, but are you sure that the accent on EVRi isn't è with the accent going down from left to right, rather than up? That's how it would be in French.
    • Just an update, first expected letter had not arrived as of yet.
    • Yes but the problem is if you try to type the word hermés without the accent the site auto replaces the word to evri but for the email it is hermés europe not evri europe so the auto correct causes the email to be displayed wrong hence it bounced
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Two PCN within 6 minutes of each other. **1 now cancelled**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3673 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So i got a PCN on the 15/04/14 in Redbridge Council for parking on the road too early. Just didn't read the sign as i always park there but in the afternoon when its always free.

But anyway came back to the car saw the PCN then had closer look at the restrictions and took it on the chin my mistake. Paid same day thought that was it but this morning got another PCN for the same contravention. Now heres the thing the one i got this morning was timed at 09:40 AM and the one stuck to my windscreen was times 09:46 AM.

Now it seems the one at 09:40 was done by a mobile car. Do they normally stick the ticket on the car of just post it?

Now having read several information on the net, The Civil Enforcement of Parking Contraventions (England) General Regulations 2007 and this forum am i right in saying i can not get two PCN for the same contravention so quickly i mean its minutes between them.

I have challenge it already today via email and await their response.

Any response will be appreciated.

Thanks

You can't get two PCNs on the same day for the same contravention. Assuming you didn't move the car in between the two PCNs, then one of them should be cancelled. Obviously the CEO who issued the second one would not have known that the earlier one had been issued.

You'll need to appeal it, pointing out that two were issued for the same contravention, and that the other has been paid. They should just cancel this one.

misuse of the cctv. A complaint to the council and copy of complaint to local paper about the misuse of camera cars wouldnt go amiss.

They should cancel one of the tickets and I wouldexpect the second one to be cancelled but you might get the first one scrapped if they think bad publicity will come from it.

It's nothing to do with bad publicity. They are not allowed to issue two for the same contravention. Simple as that. They will need to cancel the outstanding one, but they won't cancel the one which has already been paid.

They are not allowed to issue two for the same contravention. Simple as that.

They can 'issue' as many as they like providing the person issuing believes that a contravention has taken place, it's the enforcement of multiple PCNs that is not permitted. Appeal on the grounds that 'the penalty charge exceeded the amount applicable in the circumstances of the case' reason being you have already paid one for the same contravention.

Thanks for all advice i have already appealed the seem to be very trigger happy on that morning really two tickets in the space of 6 minutes begs of desperation i will be contacting the local paper also lets see how they handle that.

seem to be very trigger happy on that morning really two tickets in the space of 6 minutes begs of desperation.

But it isn't at all is it. that's been explained and it's hardly rocket science. How could either CEO know the other would also issue or had also issued?

Let us know if they get awkward though; Newham just have in a similar case.

So i got a response today as seen below.

Dear "My Name"

Thank you for your email and your comments have been noted, please note that after looking into the notice it was evident that you have been charged twice for the same contravention once via CCTV Camera and once by an officer on foot patrol.

As you have already paid one of the tickets the other has now been cancelled.

Regards

CCTV Traffic