questions on 6 months arrears flags

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3692 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi

always paid my bills had a good rating, however in dispute with energy company over massive bill I cannot afford in time for their liking, still paying them so they've slapped on a 6 months arrears which I'm trying to negotiate they remove based on incorrect details they held

if it sticks -

1. how bad is a 6 month next to a default, particularly in terms of remortgaging to get a fairly low fixed percentage in a year's time - will accept 4% or under as ok offer if fixed for 3+ years

2. if I continue to pay at the rate I can afford in real money - £30/month vs 2k debt, this energy company (eon) will continue to drag my name through the mud - at what stage do I expect a default notice ?

3. if I take the hit on a credit card for a payment in 1 , is it worth the 20% APR and misery over 1-2 years repaying it , or am I better off paying it in "Managed " instalments, with the company - getting AP flags every month until I settle in full?

advice appreciated, I do check my credit file but I find their flags are a lore unto themselves, they're also like voodoo, they only work because everyone takes them seriously

If theyve put a late payment marker on it, and you are paying, they should consider putting an arrangement to pay marker on it.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

thanks, but I'm not paying enough - I'm paying £30 a month which although isn't pennies is at least demonstrative of my will to settle this - I want rid of the marker because they didn't tell me

Are you in a repayment plan with them?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

no I'm not, I would be if they took my £30 a month but they say it isn't enough - so they are the ones who have told me despite my sending a statement of means, that I am not paying them quickly enough so I am "defaulting" despite paying them regularly, on the 1st of each month and that they will mark my file and drag me through the mud until I can magic up a figure they know I cannot afford, and even then, they probably won't remove the 6 month flag as it was "right at the time "despite them not warning me they were going to do that, "at the time" - plain bullying from start to finish really.