paying too much for too long

melan
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3664 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I joined two companies over ten years ago fashionworld and brilliantgift shop from which i bought items, and over the last ten years sure i have paid for the items fifty times over by now, have got into such a mess with them, I would only have to miss a payment then there would be further late fees added on, and not to mention the admin fees, I dont get much money as im on sick benefits and suffered from mental illness all this time, for the last ten years they have been taking so much of my money, a friend mentioned to me that I could reclaim the late fees they had been charging and I am completely new to this have no idea how to go about it, I wondered if anybody could be any information on how to start going about claiming back? This month I owe them about hundred and fifty pounds to them, because i missed some payments, I cant go on like this I cant afford these charges anymore seems to be getting worse, now Im worried because I just decided i cant bear parting with that much money and have spent the money on something else and this means next time the charges will be even more still got to my wits end with this now, I am always worrying how the hell im going to pay, is there anybody could advice me what to do ? thank you

Someone with more knowledge than me will hopefully come along and help with more detail but I just wanted to say that as far as I am aware you can claim back the penalty charges, I am in the process of doing this just now with an old catalogue debt. I think you would need to send of a subject access request to get details of all the charges, that's what I had to do anyway. Unless of course you have all of your statements. So until someone more knowledgeable than me comes along that is maybe a starting place for you at least. Try not to worry, these forums are a great help!

• Haha 1

Every single one of those late fee's/admin charges and whatever else they decide to call them can be reclaimed. As kirstyo said, you would need all your statements, or you'd need to SAR the catalogue company. Once you have the statements, it's then a case of going through them and entering the info into a specific spreadsheet.

Also, the charges can be reclaimed using the interest rate they charged you. You Might be able to reclaim a nice sum for your own pocket.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D