County Court Claim from Civil Enforcement Limited

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3649 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I would be submitting a sleleton defence in around a fortnight so that CEL are forced to consider something before paying up for the allocation.

In the meanwhile you can demand from CEL the evidence that you were parked for the time stated and a copy of the contract with the landlord that allow them to make claims in their own name. Later you canquestion exactly what they are claiming for, trespass, breach of contract, a contractually due sum or what. The wording of the signage will determine which is the correct one but dont give them their ammunition. Take pictures of the signs and make a note of their size and position and whether you can read them entering the car park sitting in the driver's seat of a car.

You shouls also contact the local council planning dept and ask whether CEL have planning permission for their advertising display boards (unlikely that they will) as it can be argued that a contract cannot be formed as a result of an unlawful act (repudiation of contract) but judgments are not usually made on this as it is very subjective as to whether you would have acted differently had you known that the signs werent lawfully put up or not. however, it is all extra ammunition to make CEL squirm.

I've just received a Notice of Assignment of Debt from CEL?

My case hasn't been heard so why have they assigned £130 to Debt Enforcement & Action Limited?

Can they do that??

Tinnud

Successfully reclaimed £3379 bank charges from NatWest - 2007 :D

CEL is a company owned by a Mr DeBeer andit is making a loss so he is passing on a lot of duff debt to another company that has no trading history. The answer is yes, this can happen but is meaningless in your case as the court will decide id the debt is real so I wouldnt worry about it at this stage. Defeat the claim in court and you can have a go at them if you want to. However, it does raise the question as to whether CEL now has the right to sue you so that is something to put in your defence when it comes to it. likewise, id these other jokers pitch up at court you can ask under what authority they are there as CEL were the ones who started the action and the new people should have made a claim in their own name. Likewise, the sum claimed will be wrong so that is another reason for you beating them.

I really cant see you losing with this going on.

• 1 month later...
Was this at a CO-OP store? If it was then many people are finding that if they write to the store's head office then the CO-OP will pay the £165 over to CEL to drop the case. Good news for the motorist, but bad news to CO-OP members who will lose on their dividend.

Hi I am just trying to sort out a notice received 6 weeks ago from parking at a co-op in Yardley Wood Birmingham.

Ignored first notice have just received another letter for twice the first amount.

Which department should I contact at Head Office and what is the best format please?

Any advice appreciated.

Hi I am just trying to sort out a notice received 6 weeks ago from parking at a co-op in Yardley Wood Birmingham.

Ignored first notice have just received another letter for twice the first amount.

Which department should I contact at Head Office and what is the best format please?

Any advice appreciated.

you need to start your own post. but under the freedoms act. if you dont name the driver then the parking company can ask you for the money. popla is you best bet. start your own post and give as much info as possible

:???: what me. never heard of you never had a debt with you.