MBNA CCJ First Payment due Monday - Can I Challenge?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3715 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Help Please, I have an MBNA debt which is about 5 years old since the last payment. They did make offers of settlement for approx. 40% over time but I ignored those. However recently, on moving, I was tracked down - I think because I paid my TV license. They sent a CCJ Notice for Northampton County Court for £14000 which I didn't appreciate was the real thing and 4 weeks later I received a CCJ with a payment schedule of £100 per month. The claiments were a company I have never heard of and have no idea who they are - am I done for? Is it too late or in my interests now to challenge. I tried to seek some CAG help earlier but think I didn't post it under the right section so haven't had a reply. Can anyone give me some advice as to what I can do please? I am terrified that having battled on for so long they will send Bailiffs around :(

did they send the claim form to your current address?If they did but you have not dealt with the claim, you would have to apply to the court under cpr13.3 to set aside the judgement and convince the court that either you have a real prospect of sucessfully defending the claim or show some other good reason why you should be allowed to defend the claim

Edited by theoldrouge
additional sentence

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

Well truly I am not sure what to do, I understand that on the one hand there may possibly be some way of challenging the debt agency but having been 'done' is that it, 'Game Over' so to speak? Should I take my medicine or is there a chance to reduce the debt (obviously inflated by all their fees) or the payment? I have just finished my agency contract at the moment so have no job - does that make any difference? If I ask for a reduced payment does that get reviewed annually or fixed forever?

Either apply to set aside the judgement if you want to defend form N244 or if you can't afford to pay but wish to then apply to vary the judgement form N245

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.