Jobcentre sanctions - Unbelievable - but apparently very true !!

citizenB
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3668 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

They kept threatening with sanctions when i first started PWP as I used a phrase which was accepted downstairs but supposedly PWP is tougher or stricter or some nonsense

What do you mean by PWP? What is it they alleged you said that caused them to keep threatening to sanction you?

What do you mean by PWP? What is it they alleged you said that caused them to keep threatening to sanction you?

PWP - postworkprograme

It was a phrase in my jobsearch logs that I forget, it was probably something very basic like checked emails or something

I think the time has come to expose those who are unfairly - or unlawfully - sanctioning benefit claimants. A database can be kept of the name(s) of the claimant advisor(s) involved, JCP office(s) involved and the nature of the unfair sanctioning. It would soon become apparent who were the worst offenders. Such information can then be used as leverage to remove rogue advisers from JCP offices and highlight what is, essentially, Misconduct in Public Office and breaches of the DPA, i.e. failing to maintain accurate records. At a push, mainly in serious cases, pressing to have rogue advisers prosecuted for fraud, as the intention is to cause the claimant loss or expose them to loss or the risk of loss.

Here it is from the PCS Union. Shocking admissions by JC staff in a recent survey. I don't care if they have 'pressure from management', what they're doing is wrong and people need sacking.. and in the worst cases, jailing.

http://www.pcs.org.uk/en/news_and_events/pcs_comment/index.cfm/sanctions-ineffective-jobcentre-staff-say

The building was ThomasCook up the road. The roads around were closed so I had to drive in traffic the long way around to get to the car park. I had intended to dump the car somewhere along the way, but there was no where to park except the Sainsburys car park opposite. The staff there didn't have a brain cell between them to work out I had no option but to go around.

I remember something about it now

I used to put something like " checked UJM daily" which was fine during the WP and never had any issues, but on PWP they threatened to sanction me for this as they claimed they need more details

I remember something about it now

I used to put something like " checked UJM daily" which was fine during the WP and never had any issues, but on PWP they threatened to sanction me for this as they claimed they need more details

Same here. On PWP they suddenly wanted all the details - and proof - rather than just accepting my word as usual. No problem though; show them a few screenprints from a couple of job sites and they're happy.

I still see people turning up to sign on with little scraps of paper with 3 lines scrawled on though - even the most decent adviser will have trouble accepting that as 2 weeks jobsearch evidence.

Some people don't help themselves, even if you are not actively looking write a load of tosh down on a side of A4 paper - it really isn't hard in a 2 week period - some people do set themselves up for a sanction

Some people don't help themselves, even if you are not actively looking write a load of tosh down on a side of A4 paper - it really isn't hard in a 2 week period - some people do set themselves up for a sanction

I do worry that those who sign who are illiterate get treated quite badly though - what if you can barely read or write and therefore have poor or no computer skills. Difficulty searching for jobs or writing that job search down. Do these people get any additional help like reading and writing courses and other basic skills?

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

I do worry that those who sign who are illiterate get treated quite badly though - what if you can barely read or write and therefore have poor or no computer skills. Difficulty searching for jobs or writing that job search down. Do these people get any additional help like reading and writing courses and other basic skills?

I agree - and unfortunately, as I have said many times, it is not their fault .... BUT ... these are the people the JCP thrive on manipulating and sanctioning!

Same here. On PWP they suddenly wanted all the details - and proof - rather than just accepting my word as usual. No problem though; show them a few screenprints from a couple of job sites and they're happy.

I still see people turning up to sign on with little scraps of paper with 3 lines scrawled on though - even the most decent adviser will have trouble accepting that as 2 weeks jobsearch evidence.

They have done my head in as they keep moving the goalposts and their attitude stinks

It would be sanction heaven if I was late like they are or as terrible

Only through third parties I think and the jobcentre don't even help with much

Some little snippets from the DWP Standards Of Behaviour guidance to print out and wave under the noses of stroppy JC clerks - and managers. Remind them of how they should be acting at all times. They're breaking every rule in the book.

Standards Of Behaviour Policy

3.The Department’s reputation depends on the quality of service provided and the way in which employees conduct themselves. This includes treating all customers professionally and in a way that complies with the Diversity and Equality policy.

4.There are clear expectations on employees to act with honesty, integrity, objectivity and impartiality at all times. They must adhere to all Departmental policy and procedures and maintain political impartiality in the course of their duties.

5.The consequences of failing to comply are serious and attract penalties up to and including dismissal.

Managers

Never knowingly ask employees to carry out any task that is contrary to the Standards of Behaviour, current policies and procedures, or that is illegal or improper

Working with the Public

6. Most people will come into contact with the Department at some time in their lives. The Department’s reputation depends on the quality of service provided and the way in which our employees conduct themselves. This includes treating all customers sympathetically and in a way that complies with the Diversity and Equality policy.