Global Debt Recovery Please Help

Gratitude1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3758 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

2 Months ago i recieved a letter from Global Debt Recovery. As my credit is now good and i do not have any outstanding debts which i know of i was curious and worried so i stupidly called them. An agent on the phone asked me to confirm that i was the person who the letter was addressed too which i did. He then preceded to tell me about an apparent debt which i had with TSB over 11 years ago which i have heard nothing about since having banked with then all these years. I told him that i was unaware of any debt and that i wanted some proof of this.

A few days later i recieved a statement from TSB which showed a debt of £423. I never called them back but as you can imagine i have since had phone calls and letters from them every week if not more frequently. I have not contacted them since.

Today however, i recieved this letter which has made me feel very anxious and worried. Please can anyone advise me what is the best thing to do as Global Debt Recovery are saying i owe £748!

"Dear Miss xxx

Client FV-1

Debt Due £748.49

We are today instructed to recover the above debt from you.

We are unaware of any reason why you have witheld payment.

Contact us immediately to discuss repayment or your credit rating may be affecetd in an adverse manner.

Yours Sincerely,

Collections Deptartment"

Please can someone advise?

All help will be very much appreciated.

Hello and Welcome,

If no payment or acknowledgement of this 'debt' has been made in a period of 6 years, it will be statute barred.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Your sure there's nothing on your credit file regarding this ?

Some people would tend to ignore their threats and see what happens, not sure if that's a good idea and if after you send them the statute barred letter and they continue to contact you you can then do something about it.

There's a letter in this 'link'........................

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387368-Letter-to-be-sent-when-debt-is-Statute-Barred

Also, never speak to these people on the phone, keep a paper trail of any correspondence.

There's more chance of Scotland becoming a independent country than them collecting anything for this 'lemon' :)

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

And remember to recycle their puerile missive, it makes good hamster bedding, use it on the bottom of a bird cage?

How eloquently stupid of them.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Awww Thank you

No Definately nothing on my credit file about this because i needed to do 2 credit checks for 2 mortgages which i applied for since 2008.

Can they do nothing then? Can they give me a ccj? Should i send them the statute barred letter?

Thank you so much for replying.

Absolutely diddly squat!

However for their puerile attempts to con you out of money you don't owe, I would be making formal complaints to them, the OFT, Trading Standards, and possibly the ICO.

Send the SB letter above, along with your complaint, and keep a diary of events, especially regarding their misuse of the communications network, which is another complaint to Ofcom, and if they persist, then take your diary of events down to your local cop shop, and file a report for the criminal offence of harassment against them.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!