Arrow Global ignoring DRO

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3737 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I got a DRO in December last year so of course not been making payments to creditors. One of the creditors was Arrow global for a ccj. Today I received a letter from the local county court saying there has been a variation made on January 23 and I am ordered to make a payment of 1 quid a month which was the original agreement prior to the DRO and I did make the two payments I was supposed to prior to the DRO coming into effect. The court document says nothing about the DRO. Just that I am to pay 1 pound a month or else deal with bailiffs.

Obviously I have to make some phone calls to the court and the official receiver but I was wondering if anyone had any advice so that I am forearmed! Arrow is aware of the DRO so if they have lied to the court and are attempting preferential treatment can I use this against them in any way? One would think that if the DRO was involved it would be mentioned in the court order would it not?

Speak to the people dealing with the DRO about this. They will tell you what you need to do.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Surely the official receiver has relevant authority to deal with creditors who make demands on you through the courts and they can make enquiries, so the relevant action can be taken.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I would imagine they do but having the authority and actually having the desire to use it can be two different things. knowing the reputation of Arrow from what I have read on here it is giving me cause for concern.

Looks like Arrow have applied for a redetermination irrespective of its inclusion on the DRO...the Court may have no knowledge of the DRO..therefore the Order is meaningless...needs to inform the DRO administrator.

This might help :)

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I think that might be the case citizen. I do not know exactly when arrow was informed by the official receiver of the dro but the others were told in a week of it coming active. If I find out tomorrow that they knew before getting this court order I really do want to nail them for it and if I can sue them for it as harassment i will.

• 2 weeks later...

Update. I contacted the official receiver and they fobbed me off. They did confirm that arrow were properly notified and were aware of the dro back in December but that s as far as they would go. This despite the fact they committed perjury to gain preferential treatment they had no interest in pursuing the matter. The court was not much help either although they have referred the order back to the judge but i have not heard back yet. When I told the clerk that arrow had committed perjury along with breaking the law regarding dro's he just looked at me with a 'so what' look. I asked him what legal recourse I might have and he did not answer except to say seek legal advice. When I told him I cannot afford it his response was basically 'that's your problem'. Needless to say I had to leave the court office and go home before I lost my temper.

Anyone have any further advice? I am really ticked off now. If it had been me that had broken the dro rules and committed perjury the court, arrow and the official receiver would come down on me like a ton of bricks!

CAB might have a list of local solicitors that might still do either free or reduced price initial visit - you could run your situation past them and see if they might give you some idea on how to progress this.

Alternatively, why dont you have a word with National Debtline -again, they might be able to offer you some advice :)

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Well contacted the national debtline and they were of great help. Obviously they said arrow should not have done what they have. They told me to write to the court filing a complaint and a further complaint letter to arrow. They provided me with a template letter to use and amend to send to arrow. So both letters have gone off now. The guy at the helpline agreed in principle that potential perjury had been committed by arrow but he could not offer any further advice on that as that would be legal advice that is outside their remit. He did suggest I mention the perjury (along with harassment) in both my letters so have done that. See what kind of responses i get.

thanks for the update gixter. I am pleased that Nat Debt have been able to help you. Look forward to updates :)

BCOBS