ex partner threatening bankruptcy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3807 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

my daughter and her ex partner have a joint mortgage plus a secured loan totalling £90k.

He has just been released from prison for theft. He has told her it will be in his best interest to declare himself bankrupt, leaving her with the debt. He is being fined for proceeds of crime.

There is no way she can take on this on her own, she has 2 young children who are his. She has been paying the mortgage herself but interest only for the past 2 years while he 'sorted himself out'

She knew nothing about the theft, it turned out he was living a double life with another family. The house is already in negative equity, probably worthless, due to next door being converted to probation flats full of rowdy young men. I cant help her financially.

All complicated and none of her doing. Please can anyone suggest where we turn first. If this is in the wrong section please advise, this is my first time on here.

Thank you

Edited by honeybee13

Hello and welcome. I can imagine what a worry this is for you, what a rat this man sounds.

For now, I'll move your thread to the mortgages forum because I don't think you're talking about repossession at this stage. I'll also flag your thread for the site team in case anyone can help.

There will be a short term redirect from this forum to the new one for you to follow.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum