• Tweets

• The Private Parking Code of Parking has been postponed as the poor dears are frightened that thew will all go out of business once it becomes Law. We all wish but nothing could be further from the truth so doubtless most of them will have to change their ways if they don't want to be removed as approved parking companies. Thank you for still retaining and producing the original PCN which, no surprise, fails to comply with the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4. [It even states the vehicle "breeched" the terms  when it was the driver that allegedly breached the terms}. It fails to specify the Parking Period and whilst it does show the arrival and departure ANPR times on the photographs [that I cannot read] they do not include how long you actually parked nor was it specified on the Notice  [photos don't count]. So that means that you spent even less time parked though it would help had you not blocked out the dates and times, so good if you could please include them on your next  post. Pofa  asks the driver to pay the charge S( [2][b] which your PCN doesn't though they do ask the keeper to pay.and they have missed out theses words in parentheses S9[2][f] ii)  (ii)the creditor does not know both the name of the driver and a current address for service for the driver, the creditor will (if all the applicable conditions under this Schedule are met) have the right to recover from the keeper so much of that amount as remains unpaid; All of those errors mean that the cannot transfer the charge from the driver to the keeper. Only the driver is now responsible . What a rubbish Claim Form -doesn't even give the date of the event which it should.  
    • it doesn't matter what you are being charged or if you missed the discount period. you ain't paying anyway..... if this ever gets before a judge. then the ins and out of POFA2012 or any IPC/BPA guidelines might come into play. until then i go get on with your life. you are spending far too much time on a speculative invoice scan scheme  its almost as if you believe these are fines and enforceable in a criminal court and you could have bailiffs at your door any minute.    
    • Debt Respite Scheme (Breathing Space) guidance - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk) but dont get scammed into a DMP. simply tell whomever you call to simply apply for the BS for you.  
    • totally immaterial. time to now start reading up. Programmable Search Engine (google.com) Clickme^^^ do not miss your defence filing date no matter what dx  
    • Programmable Search Engine CSE.GOOGLE.COM clickme^^
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Natwest, Capquest and CCS Collect

chiefmegawatty
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3575 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am being chased by Capquest for a debt of £550

which came about due to bank charges with Natwest from 2006.

Back then I had no income and was unable to pay the bank charges.

Natwest closed my account in 2007 and

I never heard any more about it until

December 2011 when a demand letter arrived from Capquest.

I ignored the letter because I had never borrowed any money from Natwest and therefore considered that I owed them nothing.

Many more letters arrived threatening me with all sorts of terrible things but nothing happened.

In Feb 2013 after 15 threatening letters from Capquest I obtained my credit reference agency credit report which

showed the alledged debt and Capquest were the owners of the debt.

I noticed there was a default date recorded of 23 May 2007.

Therefore the alledged debt would become statute barred on May 23 2013.

Sure enough at the end of May 2013 this default was removed from my credit report as I expected.

Despite this, Capquest continued to send letters but offered a large reduction for prompt payment.

I ignored them so

they recently passed the debt onto CCS Collect who have sent me more demand letters.

In their latest letter thay say if they don't hear from me they will pass the debt back to Capquest for further enforcement.

Seems to me that these DCA's are barmy.

I wonder why Natwest didn't take me to court back in 2006 and also why Capquest didn't take me to court before the statute barred date.

Maybe because the alledged debt purely consisted of bank charges there would have been little chance of them obtaining a CCJ against me.

I have recently considered sending the statute barred letter to the DCA to stop them bothering me.

However, I find it quite amusing how they are happy to keep wasting money on paper, envelopes and postage charges chasing statute barred debt.

By ignoring all their letters they must surely realise that they can't frighten me into paying, so why do they continue?

I know they are legally entitled to chase statute barred debt but surely by now they would have realised they had bought a lemon.

Well they say you can't educate pork.

Edited by chiefmegawatty

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Send them a Statute barred letter.

As for the SB date, it can be up to 6 months before the default date.

Proof its SB? Theyve offered you a huge discount. Get that letter off, and theyll go away.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I your 1st post - you assumed a common mistake..well poss two actually...

there is little or no relationship between a default notice letter date or a 'default' date on a CRA summary with the statute barred date.

there is also 'currently' conjecture on CAG as to 'when' a bank account which has/had an OD IS actually statute barred.

sadly, the jury is still out at present.

however, you need to nail down WHEN YOUR last financial transaction was.

in this case it appears there were none after the issue of the DN,

'we presently think' that the SB clock starts one day after the date the quoted DD/MM/YYYY on the DN

as long as YOU have made no in/out following that date....

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes send the SB letter but I would do it by post and if you can, by some signed for method.

Until you tell them that it is SB and that you will not be making any further payment they are most likely to continue to chase you for it.

Of course they become SB. Get the letter off.

As said, the law says they can continue chasing you, and even issue a court claim against you, until you notify them otherwise. Get the letter off, and theyre buggered. They may come back and try and lie by saying that you made a payment in 2008, but we can easily give you a letter to tell them where to go and you are now making a full complaint as they are trying fraudulant tricks.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Just sent the statute barred letter via email to CCS Collect and had an automated reply as copied below. I therefore assume that they cannot claim that they didn't receive my email.

We acknowledge receipt of your email. Replies will be dealt by normal postal methods or by phone for security reasons and by strict order of receipt.

If you have not received an expected response within 7 workings days, please call 0844-412-0344, it maybe that you did not quote your CCS or Payment reference number which we would need to locate your account.

Regards

Correspondence Team

CCS Collect

I received a written reply from CCS Collect.

They claim that a payment was made towards the debt on 28th March 2013

and is therefore not statute barred.

They request that I phone them to discuss this. I have no intention of speaking to them over the phone.

Their claim that a payment was made is total rubbish.

However

I did notice that the amount being demanded dropped by £10 somewhere between Feb 2013 and Aug 2013 when Capquest were sending me letters.

I assumed that was an admin error.

Seems that my sending the statute barred letter has opened a can of worms.

I assume I now need to ask them to prove that a payment was made and by whom.

Their lies and deception are now beginning to really wind me up.

Ask them to prove it. Its a well known con used by a lot of DCA's to try and get the debt not SB. Tell them that if they do not provide conclusive and complete proof that youm ade the payment towards the debt, you will go to the regulators with an accusation of fraud.

You want the method of payment, the palce of payment, amount, date, any serial numbers etc etc. Call their bluff.

Letter written and sent as per your good advice.

CCS Collect don't realise that I have been monitoring my credit report on a monthly basis throughout 2013

which clearly showed that no payment was made in March 2013 or at any other time.

I will be astonished if they produce details of a payment that never happened.

Hopefully they will back off now and close the account.

They have mentioned that they will pass this back to Capquest if I don't pay up.

I don't see what good that will do them.

Whatever the outcome, make sure you let teh regulators know whats going on. The DCA will claim it as an admin error, but that just shows that if its true, their systems are not fit for purpose. Think how many other people they have done this to, and who have fell for it.

I think DCA's need tighter regulation to stop them trying to fool people into paying statute barred debts by fraud and deception. However, how can a person fall for this if they know full well that they have never made any payments? I am surprised that CCS Collect think they can convince me that I made a payment when I know full well I never have. They seem to assume that I'm thick.

Just remember, the majority of people with debts have no idea of the legalities of it, or even phrases such as statute barred/CCA/SAR etc.

Yes understood. However CCS Collect are still chasing a debt after I wrote to them saying I don't acknowledge the debt, won't be paying and telling them it's way past it's statute barred date. I will complain to the OFT as CCS seem to be acting outside the guidelines. Should CCS write back with a load of fake payment details I will be tempted to take them to court myself for attempted fraud using my house as security to pay the legal fees. I own a large piece of land in Wiltshire so I could sell that to fund taking CCS to court.

Thats because CCS is a bottom of the barrel DCA> WHat they do is threaten and say anything to get you to pay them. ANd lots of people do, just to make them go away.

Let us know what CCS come back with. If you genuinely havent made a payment, it will be very easy indeed. I bet you they will try and say you made apayment with a postal order or through your bank. If they say postal order and you challenge it, theyll say they dont have the details anymore.

I have never made a payment and never acknowledged the debt. I will let you know immediately after I receive a reply from CCS. I have all my bank statements dating back over 16 years. The postal order accusation is interesting, but how can they prove I made a payment with no details of any postal order?

No clue. But they'll try. For now though, you've called their bluff. The ball is in their court now so lets see what they do next. They might simply go quiet, not contact you and pass the debt on. If they do so, then you can simply resend the SB letter and tell the new DCA they just took on a lemon debt.

WHat it means is that the DCA and the current owner should mark the file as SB and cease all collection activity. Should they pass it on to someone else, then you can make complaints against both. Especially if you notify the new DCA that the debt is SB. It may take a while to get through to them. Remember, their main business ethic is to harass and intimidate and lie to get money from debtors. It works the vast majority of the time, so they continue. Thats why you MUST make full complaints to all concerned.