Bad service

GordM1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3777 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello and welcome to CAG.

Can you tell us a bit more about your story please? Have you gone through the normal complaint procedures? Your thread title implies that things haven't gone well.

We have a Hastings rep who should be along later, possibly he can help.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hastings Direct...

Due to an unfortunate circumstance i ended up paying them 'two'(!) days late. The=y had a penalty charge of £20 and added it to my monthly payment with interest. I asked them to rescind that and the answer was 'If we do it for you we'd have to do it for everyone' I retorted with 'I'll never insure with you again no matter how you appear in a year' and the answer was 'Do as you like'.! By that I decided I'd already made a wrong decision initially!

Michael

When I was young I thought that money was the most important thing in life; now that I am old I know that it is. (Oscar Wilde)

--I like to be helpful wherever possible however I'm not qualified in this field. I do consider carefully anything important (normally from personal experience) however please understand that any actions taken are at your own risk--

If you see my post about Hastings Direct you'll see I've been having problems with them as well. I too was slapped with the £20 penalty charge as well. I had exactly the same response as you, ' If we do it for you we'd have to do it for everyone', they seem unwilling to budge and don't care if you no longer insure with them. Like you I for one will never insure with them again.

Well thank you for that response. Appreciated to say the least. I'm guessing this company relies on their so called 'customer service values' for what that means. They say they want to be fair however the knockdown is they really live as most insurers that when renewals come up their current customers will simply rebook with them. These days not such a good belief. Personally I spend my one hour a year using god forbid, martin's money tips and work through the suggested sites to visit. I can assure everyone that it's a godsend and in one year saved me a fortune. Hastings Direct as all vehicle insurers somewhere to have their first years renewal and leave!

Michael

When I was young I thought that money was the most important thing in life; now that I am old I know that it is. (Oscar Wilde)

--I like to be helpful wherever possible however I'm not qualified in this field. I do consider carefully anything important (normally from personal experience) however please understand that any actions taken are at your own risk--

I have been trying to get through to Hastings since 10am today and not had the phone answered, only went with this company as was cheaper then my previous insurer, I am only wanting to change my car details as otherwise not able to drive my " new" car

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

I have been trying to get through to Hastings since 10am today and not had the phone answered, only went with this company as was cheaper then my previous insurer, I am only wanting to change my car details as otherwise not able to drive my " new" car

You may have to phone their sales number 0844 8793033. Perhaps customer services for existing customers does not open on Sundays.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

have tried all numbers,deff open all u get is sorry we are busy :(

Sunday : 10 am - 5 pm

I even tried to phone them yesterday and got no answer either, really bad, need to get the car on the road so can get to work

Edited by snowdragon

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

Hi Bobcat2, Thank you for posting. We had a planned upgrade to our systems over the weekend which was the cause of higher than usual call volumes. We hope that you managed to get through, if not then please feel free to send us all the details by email and we will be happy to help. [email protected] Many Thanks, Jamie