UK Debt Collect

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3788 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It's hardly surprising. UK Debt Collects director is a chap called Nigel Marsh. Formerly of Armitage Credit Control. Obviously a very honourable chap as you can see here >>>

http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/debt_collector_nigel_marsh_promises_to_turn_over_a_new_leaf_as_he_agrees_to_repay_15_000_to_firms_across_the_uk_1_1538699

And just for balance here's his current Directors info >>> http://companycheck.co.uk/company/07400599/UK-DEBTCOLLECT-LIMITED/directors-shareholders#people-summary

If you click on his name and follow the links you'll find his 'directors history' which shows his former life at Armitage. The man is, it seems, a predator. So his references to 'prey' hardly seem surprising.

Mike

ALL unsolicited PMs and E-mails should be posted up - Not all on CAG are who they appear to be

My views are my own. If in doubt, seek professional advice. If I can help though, I will. CAG helped me!!

I hope Mr Marsh registers himself on the UK Debt collect register.

http://www.uk-debtcollection.com/Debt-Collection-Register.html

In their own words

On this website we run what is called a 'Bad Debt Register'. The idea behind this concept is to provide a detailed list of businesses / consumers which are known to have encountered problems in the paying of their debts in agreed time periods.

From that news article seems he took the money and never passed it on. Crikey, I wonder if he was laughing when he did that?

:lol: You couldn't make it up!

ALL unsolicited PMs and E-mails should be posted up - Not all on CAG are who they appear to be

My views are my own. If in doubt, seek professional advice. If I can help though, I will. CAG helped me!!

Do you think that it might depend, on whether a fee is payable, on the successful application for a licence?

All of these are on behalf of a friend.. Cabot - [There's no CCA!]

CapQuest - [There's no CCA!]

Barclays - Zinc, [There's no CCA!]

Robinson Way - Written off!

NatWest - Written off!

The question is how he managed to convince the OFT that he's fit to hold a consumer credit licence.

It is a disgrace. Going on that article it seems him promising to 'turn over a new leaf' was enough to keep him out of court and trading again.

Seems he can avoid court by 'pledging' to return the money I would consider he stole.

So the smug looking twit photographed at a pool table is free to carry on hunting his prey. I see he blames his financial situation at the time on his other business, yet he is in charge of a company whose web page suggests people just don't want to pay, regardless of financial business problem and are laughing at the people they owe money to.

I consider him awful and the website border line hate site. In the article he couldn't fulfill paying his clients because his businesses were not doing well, was he laughing when they asked him for their money?

Edited by skookum

Hi there sorry i've not been able to post before now I've not been feeling well.

To respond to the comment about the materials being "stolen" my son agreed with the builder that the materials would be booked out on his account and deducted from the price of the job. The builder owed my son more than the cost of the materials.

Things went wrong when the builder wanted my son to do lots of extra work for no cost, he constantly messed my son around by asking him to come on certain days and they told him they were not ready for him therefore my son lost a days pay. This happened on several occasions and my son fell out with him and walked off the job.

The builder probably owes my son well over £1000 for all the additional work over and above the work he priced for and if lost days are taken into account even more so I've no doubt if it does go to court my son will counterclaim.

I find it shocking that the company treat "debtors" as prey - the tone of their letters and the frequency always seem to make you think that unless you reply immediately something bad is going to happen. I dont know how we would have dealt with this is we hadn't had the help and support of you guys!

If it does go to court my son will have to defend it and will counterclaim for the additional work. Will update as soon as I hear anything.

Ignore that remark about the materials being stolen, quite why he feels the need to judge others is beyond me?

You don't need to explain.

As for UK Debt Collect, it would be very helpful to lodge as many formal complaints you can about them to the OFT & TS, and ignore them.

As you say, if it ever got to the dizzy heights of the court room, then this would be defended in full and a counterclaim can be submitted, and I have no doubt he will win, and put him firmly in his place.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Having read around this fantastic site I feel I know much more now. It seems to me if the so called debt had any merit the builder would have gone to a lawyer to take court action and not to a DCA.

I do think we should complain about the way this has been dealt with - will speak to my son when he gets home this weekend. Could you please tell me how I should do this? As you have said the more complaints that are made the greater chance somthing will be done to stop these bullies!

Having read around this fantastic site I feel I know much more now. It seems to me if the so called debt had any merit the builder would have gone to a lawyer to take court action and not to a DCA.

I do think we should complain about the way this has been dealt with - will speak to my son when he gets home this weekend. Could you please tell me how I should do this? As you have said the more complaints that are made the greater chance somthing will be done to stop these bullies!

I will certainly back you up with a complaint to the OFT or ASA. That company sounds appalling and as been exposed the Managing Director has a questionable past in the sector.