Global Debt recovery + Absolute Locate - advice please.

Jsmyth1975
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3709 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Last week I received a phone call from a witheld number which I didnt answer and

they left a voice message for me, asking me to call them on an 0208 number.

I typed it into Google and it turned out to be Global Debt Recovery.

I was worried as I have in the past had debts but I'm sure I cleared them all, could not be certain though.

(As far as I am concerned, I have been in control of my finances for at least 7 years now since dumping my gambling ex-partner).

This morning I received a letter from Absolute Locate saying they needed my assistance in verifying some information as part of an investigation they are conducting.

Does anyone know if these two companies are linked (Global and Absolute Locate)?

I've been walking round like a zombie all day worried sick about what to do,

imagining that I am being spied on and that people are going to start knocking on my door regarding this.

Any advice would be so greatly appreciated.

I am not sure whether to contact them to find out what it is about or whether to leave it?

If I ignore the calls and letters,

will they go away

will it just get worse?

Ignore them! DO NOT do their dirty work fir them.

Check your credit files first, use experian 30 day free trial, or send them £2 for the paper copy.

Lodge a formal complaint with the OFT regarding the cloak and dagger clowns Absolute Locate, their website is very primitive, and it smacks of a DCA attempting to inflate their ego.

No-one is spying on you, this is only money, not a criminal offence and your not going to jail for it.

As for someone knocking on your door, any random stranger who foolishly invites themselves onto YOUR property then YOU have every legal right to tell them to clear off or you will call the police to have them removed.

NEVER EVER contact them, wait until they send you something more concrete, and in the meantime check your credit files.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thank you so much for your advice.

Reading the comments by everyone about this stupid underhanded company puts my mind at rest that I'm not the only one being targeted.

I honestly thought I was being watched and was very paranoid yesterday as I tried to trace the company Absolute Locate on Google

and it brought nothing up at all,

I thought if nobody else is complaining about them then maybe its a genuine company.

I had to come on to this site directly and type the name in the search box,

I was so glad to find advice on here, it's a massive help.

I am going to sit tight and ignore them.

Hopefully, like people say on here, they feed off attention like kids and if I don't give them any then hopefully they'll go away.

If I am right in my dates, I am certain that it has been over 7 years since I have been in control of my debts,

so it should be statute barred.

Am I right to say that even if there was a CCJ issued,

then if they haven't contacted me in the last 6 years then they can't do anything about it?

I will update here if I hear from them again. Thanks again :smile:

Am I right to say that even if there was a CCJ issued, then if they haven't contacted me in the last 6 years then they can't do anything about it?

CCJ's do not die but their is a certain time limit as to when they can be collected, the DCA/Solicitor would have to go back to Court to reactivate and explain to the Judge why they just sat on an active CCJ and did nothing to collect/enforce.

I personally have never heard of a Judge re-activating a CCJ, I am not saying it has not happened before but if so it is as rare as hens teeth.

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

They should not be using with held or non geographic numbers. But unless you get a letter addressed to you just ignore them. Maybe it is your ex they are chasing

No Annie71, the letter from Absolute Locate was addressed to me, it just said they needed my assistance in verifying some information as part of an investigation they are conducting. I had already had a call from Global Debt Recovery 2 days before asking for me too but I didnt answer, they left a voice message with their phone number.

it just said they needed my assistance in verifying some information as part of an investigation they are conducting
Pah, they couldn't conduct an orchestra!

That is a complaint right there, if you have that exact wording in writing then you MUST send a copy of it to the OFT&TS, pure and simple intimidation, people hung themselves for letters less threatening than that!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thanks.

I was searching for them last night on Google and considering on their website they claim they do surveillance amongst other Private Investigator work,

they don't even advertise in Yellow Pages, Yell.com or 192.com, which just screams illegitimate and cover-up for DCA to me.

They are not advertised anywhere on the net, the only way you can find them is if you know their company name

and/or website address from a letter they have sent you.

Therefore are not looking for outside business because they are not real?

That's my opinion anyway,

just a scary name to make people who receive letters off them believe they are not just any old DCA,

you are being watched and investigated, which to me seems illegal.

Complain to the OFT&TS that is the only way we are going to get these people accountable!

I definitely plan to make complaints to both the Office of Fair Trading and Trading Standards because they are tricking people into ringing them.

I havent heard from them since my phone call 6 days ago and

since my letter 4 days ago so lets see if they contact me again.

Either way i'll be reporting them.

I'll keep updating here if I hear anymore from then.

Thanks for the advice ;)

Absolute Locate are based in Huddersfield according to their website

- you have to look for that details,

almost needed a private investigator to track it down.

But it gives a Data Protection number.

Data Controller is a Natalie Bourner.

According to the Consumer Credit Licence this is a sole trader.

But a Director Check at Companies House reveals this lady is a director of one company, Global Debt Recovery of New Malden.

Small world innit. Shop em!

Absolute Locate are based in Huddersfield according to their website - you have to look for that details, almost needed a private investigator to track it down. But it gives a Data Protection number. Data Controller is a Natalie Bourner. According to the Consumer Credit Licence this is a sole trader. But a Director Check at Companies House reveals this lady is a director of one company, Global Debt Recovery of New Malden. Small world innit. Shop em!

Haha good work nailpost.

I tried doing a search on their company but got nowhere.

Had another call today from withheld number so I'm assuming it was them,

I didn't answer so tomorrow will probably follow another letter from their partners in crime Absolute Locate.

Have you had dealings with this bunch too?

I went onto the ICO page and typed in the data protection number for Absolute Locate and

this is what is says about the company,

that they trace debtors etc but I am quite worried about the information that they seem to be able to use/gain and pass around.

I wonder where they can even get half of this information from and obviously legal to use according to the ICO page.

Quite worrying.

Registration Number: ZA019311

Date Registered: 24 September 2013 Registration Expires: 23 September 2014

Data Controller: Natalie Bourner

Address:

2nd Cartwright Court

Huddersfield

HD2 1GN

Other Names:

Absolute Locate

London Investigates

Sherlock Investigates

Thames Valley Search

This register entry describes, in very general terms, the personal data being processed by:

Natalie Bourner

Nature of work - Consumer Credit Investigation and Debt Recovery

Description of processing

The following is a broad description of the way this organisation/data controller processes personal information. To understand how your own personal information is processed you may need to refer to any personal communications you have received, check any privacy notices the organisation has provided or contact the organisation to ask about your personal circumstances.

Reasons/purposes for processing information

We process personal information to enable us to trace debtors, to purchase debts and to collect on behalf of creditors. We also process personal data to support and manage our employees and to maintain our own accounts and records.

Type/classes of information processed

We process information relevant to the above reasons/purposes. This may include:

personal details

family, lifestyle and social circumstances

goods and services

financial details

education and employment details

We also process sensitive classes of information that may include:

physical or mental health details

racial or ethnic origin

religious or other beliefs of a similar nature

trade union membership

offences including alleged offences

criminal proceedings, outcomes and sentences

Who the information is processed about

We process personal information about our:

customers and clients

suppliers

advisers and other professional experts

complainants and enquirers

employees

Who the information may be shared with

We sometimes need to share the personal information we process with the individual themself and also with other organisations. Where this is necessary we are required to comply with all aspects of the Data Protection Act (DPA). What follows is a description of the types of organisations we may need to share some of the personal information we process with for one or more reasons.

Where necessary or required we share information with:

business associates and other professional advisers

family and associates of the person whose personal data we are processing

suppliers and service providers

financial organisations

ombudsmen and regulatory authorities

central government

credit reference agencies

debt collection and tracing agencies

traders in personal data

courts and tribunals

current, past and prospective employers

educators and examining bodies

Consultancy and Advisory Services

Information is processed for consultancy and advisory services that are offered. For this reason the information processed may include name, contact details, family details, financial details, and the goods and services provided. This information may be about customers and clients. Where necessary this information is shared with the data subject themselves, business associates and other professional advisers, current, past or prospective employers and service providers.

Trading and Sharing Personal Information

Personal information is traded and shared as a primary business function. For this reason the information processed may include name, contact details, family details, financial details, employment details, and goods and services. This information may be about customers and clients. The information may be traded or shared with business associates and professional advisers, agents, service providers, customers and clients, and traders in personal data.

Providing Financial Services and Advice

Personal information is also processed in order to provide financial services and advice. For this reason the information processed may include name, contact details, family details, lifestyle and social circumstances, financial details, goods and services and sensitive classes of information that may include physical or mental health details. This information may be about clients, family and associates of clients, suppliers and enquirers. Where necessary or required this information is shared with the data subjects themselves, professional advisers and consultants, services providers, credit reference agencies.

Transfers

It may sometimes be necessary to transfer personal information overseas. When this is needed information is only shared within the European Economic Area (EEA). Any transfers made will be in full compliance with all aspects of the data protection act.

Copyright in this copy is owned by the Information Commissioner. Data Controllers may take copies of their own register entries. Apart from that no part of it may be copied unless allowed under the Copyright Designs and Patent Act 1988.

it might actually serve you & everyone lse

if you did

answer the anon call ONCE

then confirm it is them...

the you/we can nail them on using an anon number

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

it might actually serve you & everyone else

if you did

answer the anon call ONCE

then confirm it is them...

the you/we can nail them on using an anon number

dx

I have thought about it but worried that if I confirm it is me then they will bombard with phone calls constantly.

You need not answer their 'security' questions but you do have the right to demand to know who is calling your number.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• 2 weeks later...

I have now checked my credit history and

there are no outstanding debts on my credit file,

it shows I am up to date with all my accounts and

there are no CCJs showing on there.

I haven't heard from Absolute since the end of November.

I will assume then that whatever they are chasing me for is clearly statute barred and unenforceable as there is no CCJ

and I know I have kept on track with all my payments since at least 2007

I will wait and see if I hear anymore from them or their underhanded DCA colleagues Global and I will update here if I do.

Excellent well done.

Now you know!

If they persist sending you puerile missives demanding money by menaces, then you will be able to tell them exactly where to go.

If after being told the debt is SB they persist, then the only way IMO is to hit them where it hurts and pursue them for damages, once you begin taking their valuable bits of paper off them, they might just begin to realise that the act of fraud and idle threats is going to start costing them, and cost them dear.

are al you passed addresses linked on the cra file?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

nope as long as your were at that address when you took the account out

all looks ok.

noting showing

so, therefore, its most prob defaulted more than 6yrs ago and has dropped off...never to return.

so another good indicator it IS statute barred.

and they

• 3 months later...

Hi I was wondering about Absolute Locate.

I have just rec'd letter addressed to son (Okay I have got his permission to open his mail!!) from Absolute Locate. Same thing verify information, investigation currently conducting etc etc.

My son had two a/c that were being pursed one by Lowell & Red and the other by MacKenzie Hall & Clarity. These were the only two debts he had. I know 100% that he has not racked up any more debt as he is in Asia!

I contacted both sets of these companies way back in 2013 and told them in no distinct terms that he has never lived at this address it was for mailing purposes only and I was sick of their letters so DO NOT contact me again. I was assured that they would take me off their mailing lists and sorry for trouble etc. I even threatened to sue for harassment if they contacted me again.

If Absolute & Global Debt are related does this mean that one of the Companies I spoke to have sold the debt on or is there still a relationship between Absolute Locate and say for instance MacKenzie Hall or any of the others chasing these old debts?

Thanks

Hi I was wondering about Absolute Locate.

I have just rec'd letter addressed to son (Okay I have got his permission to open his mail!!) from Absolute Locate. Same thing verify information, investigation currently conducting etc etc.

My son had two a/c that were being pursed one by Lowell & Red and the other by MacKenzie Hall & Clarity. These were the only two debts he had. I know 100% that he has not racked up any more debt as he is in Asia!

I contacted both sets of these companies way back in 2013 and told them in no distinct terms that he has never lived at this address it was for mailing purposes only and I was sick of their letters so DO NOT contact me again. I was assured that they would take me off their mailing lists and sorry for trouble etc. I even threatened to sue for harassment if they contacted me again.

If Absolute & Global Debt are related does this mean that one of the Companies I spoke to have sold the debt on or is there still a relationship between Absolute Locate and say for instance MacKenzie Hall or any of the others chasing these old debts?

Thanks

start a new thread pam

you'll get missed here

dx

and they