Euro Car Parks

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3842 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I got caught out with a Euro Car parks parking charge when shopping at the West End Retail Park in Partick, Glasgow. I was 67 mins over the 2hr limit but was in Café Nero having lunch and then errands in various shops all in the retail park. I'm so angry at being charged for the privilege of spending money there.

Does anyone have similar experience with this particular car park who could offer advise what will work in these circumstances?

Thanks

Euro Car ParksHello i got a PCN when i parked at a hotel in Birmingham even thou i was told to park their by the hotel.I appealled this with Euro Car Parks and POPLA and both came back us unsuceessful which is a joke as i only parked their onthe reception say so in the hotel as it was out the front of the hotel that i stayed in .I spoke to the hotel and they said oh its fine said copy of your room card with your appeal and ECP with cancel ticket which they havent. Now they asked me to pay 100 gbp for the PCN .I offered to pay 10 gbp a month but their refused my offer and said i must pay in full .Can anyone throw any light on what i should do as they said if i do not pay in 14 days it would be passed to a debt collection agency and cost will increase.

Dont offer to pay anything. Its not a fine. If a dca contacta you simply tell them there is no debt and any liability to them or any client is denied. Dont get into further correspondence or youll be marked as gullible.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Dont offer to pay anything. Its not a fine. If a dca contacta you simply tell them there is no debt and any liability to them or any client is denied. Dont get into further correspondence or youll be marked as gullible.

Hi thank you for your reply so if they threat to issue DRA my case should i ignore these letters too , sorry not had this before .ECP refused my payment offer of 10 gbp a month and that if full payment is not recieved in 14 days that it would be passed to their collection department and extra charges would be applied to my account. What best for me to do please

Hi thank you for your reply so if they threat to issue DRA my case should i ignore these letters too , sorry not had this before .ECP refused my payment offer of 10 gbp a month and that if full payment is not recieved in 14 days that it would be passed to their collection department and extra charges would be applied to my account. What best for me to do please

At the moment continue to ignore unless they are silly enough to send court papers and if they do come back on here as it is easily defended.

As far as I am aware Euro have never issued a claim, they normally just use intimidation.

A DCA can add as much as they like but they can not issue a claim, and if Euro decided to it would be for the initial charge, not with all the DCA addons.

Regards your POPLA appeal did you appeal on mitigation? If so you wasted the appeal you should have come here for advice with your appeal.

At the moment continue to ignore unless they are silly enough to send court papers and if they do come back on here as it is easily defended.

Ok thank you so at moment i have 14 days from wednesday this week so just do nothing and ignore any letters that i may recieve in the coming weeks ..again sorry if i being stuip about never had this before and ECP are so inflexable .

Hi yes with POPLA i did appeal on mitigation , shame i did know about this group till lady at work told me yesterday .

POPLA or owner /keeper liabilty does not apply in Scotland and you are under no obligation to name the driver. It is simply a matter of ignoring the crap contained in the begging letters.

Edited by Crocdoc

POPLA or owner /keeper liabilty does not apply in Scotland and you are under no obligation to name the driver. It is simply a matter of ignoring the crap contained in the begging letters.

Hi sorry i live in Northamptonshire and not Scotland is it still the same in England ?

Kinda. You can apply to popla with the correct appeal and it will be done with, but inr eality they dont have a basis for a claim anyway. As stated, they just rely on purile threats to get you to pay.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D