problem with payments from agency

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3887 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi. I`m self-employed working for an employment agency. Used to work for them on day rate £120/day and then I was paid at 1,5 for Saturday and double time for Sunday. About three weeks ago they changed how they pay and now I`m on £16/hour. Sounds great, but since they changed it they don`t pay me extra for Saturday and Sundays, which means I`m paid through all week at the flat rate of £16/hour. For example, before changes for 60.75 hours I done I was paid £840 after tax, after changes for 61.5 hours I done I was paid £787.2. how can I make them to pay me at rate 1,5 for hours done on Saturday and double for hours done on Sunday? can they change things like this without telling me?

thanks

ps. I have pictures of all time sheets signed by manager and all the payslips

Are you a temp or a contractor? Are you PAYE or Limited company? Is it a fixed term contract or a rolling contract? If it's a rolling contract, then you're technically a temp, there must be some clause on the contract that allows the agency to change the terms and conditions without your intervention.

If you were on a fixed term contract they couldn't do it.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"

I suppose if there is nothing in writing that you have seen or signed then there is nothing to stop them changing things as they see fit. I would expect them to have informed you of this change to give you the opportunity to agree to it or not. Essentially you have taken a pay cut and seems a little unfair that they have not had the decency to inform you of this.

It's temp contract, they keep me that long as long them customer needs me. I'm UTR registered so not PAYE and not LTD. It is unfair, also they told me to speak to client I'm working for on them behalf. I told them that this is got nothing to do with me as I deal with agancy not with them clients. Client is paying agency, agency is paying me. So there is nothing I can do about it? I will have to stop working on weekends as I'm not willing to work 7 days a week for peanuts.