style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3866 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi, my girlfriend was sacked today only after she got a contract of employment yesterday! (she has worked there for 9 months), the reason the company stated is that "shes not right for the company" which is rubbish because she excelled in her job and was told many times by her directors, however it appears that a manger took a disliking to her because she reported that a fellow worker was under the influence of alcohol in a company that operates fork-lift trucks, heavy press and cutting machinery and 40ft trucks in and out all day, when after a few days she reported it to this manager she ask if anything had been done about it or she would go to a director to report the problem, the manager did not like what she said and made up a story saying that she's not right for the company,,,,,,

ive got more info on the subject but was wondering that if she was unfairly dismissed? any info please

In the first instance she can appeal against her dismissal to higher management. Just remember though that under 2 years service, an employer can dismiss anyone for pretty much anything as long s it doesnt break discrimination law.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

There's no unfair dismissal if she's been there for only 9 months unfortunately. However "shes not right for the company"sounds a bit suspicious. It might have to do with ethnic background, religious beliefs?

I would ask the company at least good references, if they don't, I'd contact the local paper.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"

We posted at the same time. How can she appeal if she can be legally dismissed for pretty much anything?

In the first instance she can appeal against her dismissal to higher management. Just remember though that under 2 years service, an employer can dismiss anyone for pretty much anything as long s it doesnt break discrimination law.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"

she can appeal internally, but not externally, if company procedures permit

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

she can appeal internally, but not externally, if company procedures permit

Thats what i meant :)

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I'd probably talk to the director she was going to speak to in the first place?

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!