SCS abysmal customer service

Janboy 68
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3880 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I bought an expensive leather 3 piece suite costing £3000 from the SCS store on Portrack Lane Stockton about three years ago:

within a year the leather starting to peel, showing a lighter colour underneath.

My wife contacted the SCS store we bought the suite from and they sent a technician from a company called Servico to repair it.

This repair lasted a few months before the colour started to peel again, only this time much worse.

We then e mailed the SCS customer service dept and

we were contacted by customer service representative who apparently contacted the manufacturer

of the three piece suite who then contacted Servico yet again,

who sent another technician out to repair the damage.

At this time we noticed the cushion on the settee starting to sag.

My wife pointed this out to the technician who agreed with her that this shouldn't have happened

and he also pointed out when he sprayed the peeling leather it wouldn't deteriorate again.

In fact the leather has peeled again only this time over two cushions and now it is in a seriously bad condition.

After waiting a number of weeks for either SCS or Servico to contact us,

we had to e mail SCS yet again, who told us that the technician who had carried out the repairs to the suite

had put in his report that the repairs had been carried out and the sagging of the cushions

was due to the way we had been sitting on them,

and that as a result the initial complaint was dealt with and was now closed!

The upshot of all this is that I am still in correspondence with SCS with a view to getting either replacement

or refund from the company as I'm entitled to under the Consumer Goods Act,

but SCS are still fobbing us off and say they will colour spray the suite yet again

but are saying that as the warranty is expired they are doing this as a favour to us.

I would be grateful for any advice on how I can gain a refund or replacement of the three piece suite

other than taking direct legal action, which will obviously get bogged down in the legal system,

and the whole saga has caused my wife great anxiety and stress

so I would like to bring this to a satisfactory conclusion as soon as possible.

Graham

ok well the rubbish about the warranty expiring does not relinquish any of their responsibilities under SOGA.

any warranty is in ADDITION to your statutory rights

after all this time it might be a push to get a full refund but a replacement might happen.

if you paid by credit card then you might well be able to involve them too under a section 75 claim.

I have alerted the SCS rep about this

p'haps they might pop in.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Good Afternoon Graham

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you're having with your suite.

Firstly let me explain the warranty,

when you purchase furniture from us, you have an automatic warranty with ScS for the first 12 months.

After those 12 months, your warranty lies with the manufacturer.

This is different to an extended warranty you can purchase,

it's just a standard warranty you get with the furniture.

This is why your details were passed to the manufacturers for Servico to attend.

However, if you can send me your customer account number or the postcode the furniture was delivered to,

then I can certainly look into this for you to see if I can assist further.

Many Thanks

Helen

ScS Customer Care

under SOGA I hope...

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Helen, can you give the OP a direct email / telephone number please. New users do not have access to the PM facility until they have made 30 posts, so they would be unable to send this information via pm.

Although if the op wishes, they can provide this information to a Site team member via pm and we can pass it on.

Would save a lot of bother though if you were able to provide contact details :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D