NCO Europe solicitor and an old orange debt

Kikita
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3889 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The remainder of the term is definitely changeable.

By the same logic you can challenge the last few bills where you had been prevented from using your phone but still being charged for it. Lets face it, they knew at the time that they would eventually get their money, one way or another, but they permanently prevented you from using your inclusive minutes for that month.

Orange haven't sent you an invoice for the remainder of the term, until then you don't owe it.

• Confused 1

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks.

Worst case scenario I dispute the balance and decline to pay anything except for the £19 I truly believe that I owe, and they file a CCJ....

If I dispute the balance but it turns out that a judge/court deem it perfectly reasonable for me to have to pay the "full balance" would I get punished further for challenging it in the first place?

In other words do I have much to lose by challenging it and not paying (except the £19 I believe I owe and the amount it says on my credit report)

I've often read about 75% off... as a full and final settlement, but never 25%

I know if a DCA was offering 75% off the balance as a full & final settlement it would be extremely dodgy, and probably something wrong with the debt, but I've received an offer to pay 75% OF the balance, thus a 25% reduction.

Was wondering if there was any possible genuine reason a DCA/Creditor would ever offer 25% off the balance? I'm thinking no, as they don't exist to make things easier for you but to collect every single penny they believe they are entitled to... but would like to hear your experienced thoughts?

DCAs/Creditors frequently offer discounts. You see they often buy debts for a percentage of their true value - as such even offering a discount to the original debtor would still allow them to turn a profit. it may not be that there is anything 'wrong' with the debt but if you beleive there could be issues then it's always worth further investigation.

How old is the debt, and what is it?

It's the same one as this topic which I believe you helped me in before - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?403126-NCO-Europe-solicitor-and-an-old-orange-debt&p=4348309#post4348309

Didn't want to bump that one in case it was frowned upon. The DCA/Solicitors in question don't own the debt they are just collecting on behalf of the original creditor.

I've merged the threads

from the story above

a discount or begging letter

would be their next move...

so.. you got one!!

true to form!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...