Help!!!!

Catrina
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3926 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok, I've got a question, I was on ESA which has now been stopped because I had no more NI ... Atos refused to reconsider me for the support group and I was so stressed by it all I stopped my appeal.. My condition has worsened in the last 6 or 7 months.. ( I was born with hydrocephalus, have arthritis and COPD) .. is there anything I can do.. I'm dreading the change from DLA to PIP..

Catrina x

Ok, I've got a question, I was on ESA which has now been stopped because I had no more NI ... Atos refused to reconsider me for the support group and I was so stressed by it all I stopped my appeal.. My condition has worsened in the last 6 or 7 months.. ( I was born with hydrocephalus, have arthritis and COPD) .. is there anything I can do.. I'm dreading the change from DLA to PIP..

Catrina

OMG!! have just replied to this and the reply was lost somewhere!!!

Ok I stopped my appeal a few months ago.. I had been placed in the 'capable for work' group.. Yes I was assessed by Atos :evil: who at the time were very condescending, talked at/over me instead of to me.. I feel that as my condition(s) cannot be seen I am viewed as scrounger or benefit cheat.. ( This did happen over 6 months ago)

Catrina

... COPD ...

COPD is quite a wide ranging term with an equally wide range of levels. Could you be a bit more precise?

In my experience, for both ESA and DLA, it is helpful to give a more detailed description. I never bother saying I have COPD as most people don't understand it. Instead, I've always put the fuller diagnosis and level on the forms. In my case, I have Severe Chronic Bronchitis (Stage 3). See? That already sounds a lot more fun and people can relate to it better.

Medical evidence supporting my diagnosis is very simple and involves spirometry test results which your GP can provide. I have several years worth which show a steady and marked decline in lung function. These allowed me to discuss my condition fully on the forms, in particular with what I can and can't do etc.

Severe Chronic Bronchitis is my only ailment and I'm in the Support Group.

Nah, I'd only be frightened if the 98 year old asked for them back! :D

Seriously though, you should get copies of your spirometry test(s) as these are good evidence. If you haven't already done so, most NHS areas offer a short course of Pulmonary Rehabilitation which is worth doing. It is also something else to put on the ESA50.

One plus - if you can call it that - is that severe copd is progressive and, ergo, will only ever get worse. This means no matter what the atos / tribunal outcome you can keep putting in a fresh claim until they get it right. (EDIT: I am on Income Related ESA).

Edited by RaeUK

Catrina x

Hi Catrina, What type of arthritis have you got, what treatment are you on and which joints are effected. Are you under a consultant. I also believe that you can apply again for ESA because of the six month rule, Can any more experienced Caggers give me a definite answer on that please.

Edited by mr_mastiff

Hi Catrina, What type of arthritis have you got, what treatment are you on and which joints are effected. Are you under a consultant. I also believe that you can apply again for ESA because of the six month rule, Can any more experienced Caggers give me a definite answer on that please.

6 month rule only applies if your condition hasn't changed / you don't have a new condition. It's 6 months after the decision to deny ESA and not the date of the tribunal. In some cases, people appeal which takes several months - a year. So they can apply for ESA right after they lose their appeal.

6 month rule doesn't apply as she is in wrag but has had the 365 day limit of cont based ESA.

Catrina, are you single or do you have a partner and if so do they have an income.

When you say you stopped your appeal, what exactly did you do?

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

As you have COPD do you use the mobile/home oxygen helper? i.e. to help you breathe better at certain times of the day? If so would you say for how long? Also with COPD the time spent away from the machine can cause worsening affects to you does this affect you? Did you ask for a letter from your Dr to state a home visit will be more beneficial to you, as it would not cause you more breathing issues?

These are personal questions to ask and you don't have to answer them, I asked because if they affect you in more ways than one and make it harder to be away from home for a period of time it may help you! Have you other disabilities' that make it harder for you to be away from home for long periods of time?

Are you getting all the benefits you are entitled to yet? check out the benefits advisor online but don't use the site s that charge you for it.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.