Hutchinson v Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6305 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good morning, folks. Just a quick question.

Yesterday in the post I receivedan acknowledgement of service from the court, and a letter from the Halifax noting that I'd refused their offer and advsing me that I could consult the Financial Ombudsman. Is this about normal, and what's likely to happen next?

Halifax Current Account

SAR sent 23 October, special delivery.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Bluecolud.

I've received "Notice that Acknowledgement of Service has been filed" (as I said above) but now wondering - do I need to do anything at this stage, or just wait?

Thanks in advance

Halifax Current Account

Sorry, to be a pinic, but I've just seen this, from michael, on another thread:

"After filing at MCOL send 2 copies of your schedule of charges, clearly marked with your claim no. + a brief covering letter asking for them to be filed with your claim to:

The Court Manager,

Money Claim Online

Northampton County Court

21-27 St. Katharine's Street

Northampton

NN1 2LH

Dear Sir/Madam

(Your Name) –v- (Bank)

Claim No: ********

Date Issued: xx/xx/xx

Please find enclosed a schedule of penalty charges taken from me by the defendant, along with interest claimed at the annual rate of 8% pursuant to section 69 of the County Court Act. The interest in addition to the amount in charges equates to the total amount of my claim, namely £(AMOUNT).

I respectfully request that the enclosed schedule should be attached to the particulars of my claim.

Yours sincerely,

Wait until you receive the Notice of Acknowledgement from the court and then send a copy to the bank’s solicitors, since they are the ones who will now be dealing with your claim

Dear Sir,

(Your Name) -v- (Bank)

Claim No: ********

Date Issued: xx/xx/xx

Please find enclosed a copy of my schedule of charges relating to the above claim.

Yours sincerely,"

I didn't do this! Should I have done?! And can I do it now at this late stage?

HELP!!

Halifax Current Account

Have I messed up? When I've sent the statement, I've printed it off at the date I've sent it, not the date I made the claim, so the column working out days since offence and interest has updated itself as the formula in the spreadsheet is "NOW...etc". If I print the spreadsheet again to send off, it'll be as at today, so different to the figures I put on my MCOL.

Halifax Current Account

You genius. Why didn't I think of that. I changed the formula in the spreadsheet but not sure that's right, so I'll have a go at yours, I KNOW that'll be right.

THnaks so much.

Halifax Current Account

Ok, my mum was 50 yesterday - so my head is bleeding!. I hope somebody will correct me if I am wrong , but if your claim is out by 8p it simply does not matter. If this were to end up in the high court maybe it would - but this will be paid up very shortly IMHO and its nothing to worry about:) . The worst that can happen is the 8p isn't paid. Worry not!

Thanks Nicky, my heads better today - never completely normal though:D

Re this 8p business. Now anybody feel free to correct me but people get their claims out by some all the time, in fact alot of people pluck a figure out of the air because they don't have the information (banks not providing etc) and I never heard of anybody losing because of it. I did my schedule of charges a few days before I submitted too.

Forgive me for rambling, just trying to make you feel better! I don't think there is a judge out there that would throw your claim out for 8p, at least I hope not LOL.

To my mind, I'd send it like it is and put my feet up and have a glass of vino!

Panic over. They paid in full this lunchtime! Oh joy! Even the 8p!

Thank you so much to all those who've advised and celmed me down over the past few weeks, you've been more than wonderful.

2 more Halifax accounts, Egg, Barclaycard, Co-op Bank and GECapital to come. Bring it on.

Halifax Current Account

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

S.A.R. received 21/10/06

Prelim received 25/11/06

LBA received 12/12/06

Offer made by telephone 29/12/06 - upped then accepted.

Received offer and acceptance form 30/12/06.

Sent acceptance 02/01/07

Money in bank 09/01/07 :D :D :D

Over The Moon For You

Well Done To You

Enjoy Your Money :)

Good Luck with Your Claim

Angi x

:) If I have been of any help, please click the Scales of 'Justice' in the botton left corner. ;) Thanks